Panaflo 80mm L-speed with RPM - FBA08A12L2EX

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

yeha

Panaflo 80mm L-speed with RPM - FBA08A12L2EX

Post by yeha » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:16 pm

just been scouring the net for quiet fans (i'm hoping to start a webshop selling only quiet fans in the usa - globes, yate loons, xinruilians, etc.) and stumbled onto these novelties - Panaflo FBA08A12L2EX fans, same specs as L1A's, only with RPM sensing. i didn't recognise the part#, and thought i'd share.

not much use, i know, but i thought some might be interested in knowing that 80mm L-speed Panaflos with RPM sensing do exist, somewhere on earth :)

http://www.shinwa-sangyo.jp/info-imaged ... 12l2ex.htm
(pictures in link above are actually 640x480, view individually to see)

googling reveals a very steep price, as to be expected i suppose.

lenny
Patron of SPCR

Post by lenny » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:09 am

I picked up 5 80mm Panaflo L with RPM monitoring from eBay a couple of years back. FBA08A12L1BX. They definitely exist.

Mr_Smartepants

Post by Mr_Smartepants » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:58 am

So does anyone know where to purchase these L1BX or L2EX fans in the US or UK?

frankgehry

GlacialTech SilentBlade

Post by frankgehry » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:05 am

Yeha,

Can you find one of these - GlacialTech SilentBlade 120. They are all over Austrailia, I found one site in the UK, and another in Finland. I hope one of these places will ship to the US. Canada has them too but the site I checked won't make US shipments. The SilentBlade is similar to the Nexus 120 from what I hear. TIA - FG

yeha

Post by yeha » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:53 am

frankgehry:

glacialtech already informed me that they have 'no distribution channel' for the usa, so these fans would have to be imported from another reseller, making them much more expensive (and annoying). they claimed in the email to manufacture the fans themselves, so any similarity between them and the yate loon/nexus fan is a coincidence. or, they lied and just buy the motors from globe/yate loon and stick their own blades on.

the largest quantities i can afford per fan are 500-1000 (i'd really prefer 100 :)), as i'm just a kid with a lame job at the moment, and of course actual manufacturers don't want to talk to you unless you want to order much larger quantities. i'm not sure if it's possible for me to actually build up an inventory of anything right now, so the webshop may end up either never opening or just another reseller of quietpc.com gear :(

it's a pity, because i'd really enjoy operating a shop like this - an american version of say these guy's inventory (obviously with far fewer choices!).

frankgehry

GlacialTech SilentBlade

Post by frankgehry » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:16 am

Yeha,

The SilentBlade is an interesting fan because it has 9 blades. Its not physically like the nexus, but it operates at slow speeds and is supposed to be very quiet. There is some discussion about it in the forum. I will find one somewhere. - FG