HDD temps in MBM?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dfrost

HDD temps in MBM?

Post by dfrost » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:26 am

This seems like the best SPCR forum for this question.

Thanks to Speedfan, I know that both HDD's (Seagate 7200.7 SATA and Maxtor IDE PATA) have working temp sensors.

Loaded MBM 5 last night (cool that it manages to get Abit uGuru data).

Question 1: How can I incorporate HDD temps into MBM?

Related Q2: BIOS shows the PSU fan speed (sensor leads from TP380S plugged into an available fan header on mobo). Any way to also get that into MBM?

Related Q3: Can case fan speeds be added to MBM?

Related Q4: Speedfan claims to be fully compatible with MBM, but I've seen Ralf's recommendation to run only one monitoring program. And I've got uGuru running also. Should I disable all but one of them? What happens if not?

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Re: HDD temps in MBM?

Post by Rusty075 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:40 am

dfrost wrote:Question 1: How can I incorporate HDD temps into MBM?

Related Q2: BIOS shows the PSU fan speed (sensor leads from TP380S plugged into an available fan header on mobo). Any way to also get that into MBM?

Related Q3: Can case fan speeds be added to MBM?
The sensors for the HDD's will show up on the Temperatures panel, in the Sensors drop down box. The Seagate sensor will be the model number of your drive. (it'll start with an S)

Available fan speed sensors are similarly shown on the Fans configuration tab.

You should really take a cruise through the MBM help files, all the configuration how-to's are explained in there.

Running multiple sensing programs can often produce erratic results. It's generally simpler to just run one at a time.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:45 pm

Unfortunately MBM doesn't read SMART data on my uGuru board (KV8 Pro). Latest Smartfan does.

You can add extra sensors to MBM. Open up the config and go to "Fans". Add as you wish. Extra sensors will be listed as uGuru1, uGuru2, etc.

dfrost

Post by dfrost » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:14 pm

OK, I was easily able to load HDD's into MBM, As Rusty075 suggested, there they were in a pull-down list next time I looked. Thought I'd looked there before, but what the heck. Yes, MBM's Help screens are quite good.

Unfortunately, there's a conflict with MBM and Abit's uGuru that started alarm "sirens" after various lengths of operation (from instantly at power-on to an hour of low-load operation later). All temps were stable and low (nothing over 36C), I turned off all alarms in MBM. Cleared CMOS to turn off the alarm when it was constant, but it recurred until I uninstalled MBM. MBM's author claims that his app is compatible with uGuru.

Any other Abit/uGuru users experience this?

I haven't yet tried uninstalling uGuru and leaving MBM running.