2 questions - Nexus and Volts

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mo786

2 questions - Nexus and Volts

Post by mo786 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:49 pm

Hi
I have a couple of Nexus 120mm to install - I understand they have to be running at a minimum speed before they actually come on? i currently have mine running at 540RPM and it is coming on - what voltage is this? and what voltage does the Zalman Fanmate 2 offer (which is what I am using)

Just wanna make sure I do not set it too low... how low do you guys take it to get it silent? i think 560 is the lowest setting anyway and its silent to me!

ultraboy
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: 2 questions - Nexus and Volts

Post by ultraboy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:35 pm

mo786 wrote:..Just wanna make sure I do not set it too low... how low do you guys take it to get it silent? i think 560 is the lowest setting anyway and its silent to me!
Silent/quiet is a relative term i.e. only you can judge whether it's good enough for you given your ambient noise as well as temperature. Having said that, a Nexus at 560 rpm should be plenty quiet. :)

Minimum setting of Fanmate is around 5v. The only suggestion I would make here is to ensure that all your fans start up at cold boot. Most of people here report Nexus to start up well at 5v., though I recall one member having problem - may be due to sample variance.

Enjoy.