Cooling my system down...

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

MacNews

Cooling my system down...

Post by MacNews » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:07 pm

I have one Panaflo case fan at the back of my case. Panaflo case fan. I have one CoolJaf HSF. CoolJag HSF (Click on "Products Info"). My temps for my cpu run around 40C and my case temps are around 30C. I would like to make my computer quieter and cooler. Do you think getting a Volcano 7,7+ or 9 would be quieter and cooler? What about putting another Panaflo case fan at the front? Panaflos are quiet, so I don't think they're the problem.

quokked

Post by quokked » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:29 am

try rounding your cables in your case and routing your cables into neat bundles to help increase airflow in your case, with the coolers, one of the volcano coolers might make your CPU run cooler but there's things that you can do without buying a new heatsink, if u haven't already try spreading a better Thermal Paste between your heatsink and CPU like artic silver or artic alumina,
and those heatsinks that you listed as well will probably make your CPU run cooler but u need to balance as well the noise, I'd prefer the volcano 7+ or the volcanco 9 for the adjustment features on the smart fan 2, but it's your call, oh yeah, what's your CPU?????? Althon??

MacNews

Post by MacNews » Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:59 pm

I have rounded out my cables into neat bundles, my CoolJag runs at 5800 RPM. I have an Athlon XP 1600+. I used Artic Silver for my compound.

TheMuffinMan

Post by TheMuffinMan » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:09 pm

A Panaflo in the front should help a bit. My case temps went up 11 F (5 C) after I took my front fan out, so a front case fan should help. (your mileage will vary)

The CoolJag looks fine. If you want a better heatsink, save your $$ for an SK-7 or a SLK-800, and stick an 80mm Panaflo on that.

MacNews

Post by MacNews » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:58 am

Thanks, I might get another Panaflo. What is your HSF?