mCubed T-Balancer integrated with Mobo sensors?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

knutinh

mCubed T-Balancer integrated with Mobo sensors?

Post by knutinh » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:26 am

Is it possible to integrate the MCubed T-balancer fan-controller with MBM/speedfan applications so that the CPU-fan is controlled by CPU internal diode in stead of some less precise external sensor? Or is it just as well to control CPU-fan by speedfan then, and leave the mCubed thing to do system fans?

Can anyone refer me to a forum where mCubed stuff can be found?

regards
Knut

sanse

Re: mCubed T-Balancer integrated with Mobo sensors?

Post by sanse » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:35 am

knutinh wrote:Is it possible to integrate the MCubed T-balancer fan-controller with MBM/speedfan applications so that the CPU-fan is controlled by CPU internal diode in stead of some less precise external sensor? Or is it just as well to control CPU-fan by speedfan then, and leave the mCubed thing to do system fans?

Can anyone refer me to a forum where mCubed stuff can be found?

regards
Knut
mbm puts it's sensor-data somewhere in memory, where t-ban can pick it up. the mbm-data can be used by t-ban to control the fans.

but is that what you want? the nice thing about t-ban is that it is os-independent. it keeps controlling things after windows or linux crashes.

at www.dirkvader.de it gives a forum luftsteuerungen with lot's of info.

knutinh

Post by knutinh » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:24 am

My primary problem is that my HTPC mobo (Asus p4p800 E-DLX) has only 1 fan controllable fan out. And I have 3 fans, a 120mm PAPST CPUfan and 2x80mm case fans. My current solution is running the CPU fan and 1 system fan @5V, while the second system fan is temperature controlled by speedfan.

I would want 2 channels of speed control so that system fans will slow down if the difference between case temp and room temp is low, and the CPU fan will slow down if the CPU is below 50 degrees for instance. I'd also like a "panic" mode, where all fans will speed up to max if any of the components temperature exceed an individual threshold.

regards
Knut

sanse

Post by sanse » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:19 am

knutinh wrote:My primary problem is that my HTPC mobo (Asus p4p800 E-DLX) has only 1 fan controllable fan out. And I have 3 fans, a 120mm PAPST CPUfan and 2x80mm case fans. My current solution is running the CPU fan and 1 system fan @5V, while the second system fan is temperature controlled by speedfan.

I would want 2 channels of speed control so that system fans will slow down if the difference between case temp and room temp is low, and the CPU fan will slow down if the CPU is below 50 degrees for instance. I'd also like a "panic" mode, where all fans will speed up to max if any of the components temperature exceed an individual threshold.

regards
Knut
all these wishes can be fullfilled with a t-ban. it will add a lot of cables to your htpc though.