T-balancer and Speedfan

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

MalcolmC

T-balancer and Speedfan

Post by MalcolmC » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:11 am

Has anyone got the t-balancer to work with speedfan, if so would you mind telling me how you did it.

I sent an email to mcubed tech support, but they told me that there is no information available yet! I find that hard to believe, but that's what they tell me.

teejay
Patron of SPCR

Post by teejay » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:07 pm

Well, I never had a use for it with both analog and digital sensors, but I just tried it and it seems to work. What you need to do is enable logging in Speedfan (button "configure" > tab "log" > checkbox "enabled") and then enable logging for the right temp sensors (tab "temperatures" > select appropriate sensor > checkbox "logged").

Next, fire up the T-Balancer software (I think you need the 2.7 version for this to work), go to "software sensor" > "speedfan sensor", use the button "set path" to find the right folder for Speedfan and your logged sensors should show up. Click the "add" button, after which you can select the software sensors under "Sensor configuration". Not sure if you can mix and match real sensors and software sensors, but I'll leave that up to you to try (I don't want to mess up my settings).

I'm not sure I'd want to use my T-Balancer this way: the beauty of it is that it can work without software running in the background... but that's just my take on things.

patord

Post by patord » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:21 pm

The speedfan ability is indeed in the 2.7+ versions of the tbalancer software.

On a side note, I had to go back to 2.6 because 2.7 looks like it broke a few things for me. Maybe I'll start a separate thread to see if anyone else is seeing what I am before I email the mcubed folks.

But like what was said, the beauty of t-ban is the ability to run it WITHOUT the software. Now if speedfan could interface TO the tbalancer, that would be nice as it is less resource intensive then the tban software (bloated vb).