Best program for logging temps of system and gpu?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mkygod

Best program for logging temps of system and gpu?

Post by mkygod » Sat May 20, 2006 6:01 am

I have an Abit an8-sli with a geforce 7900gt.

Are there any program I can use that can log the temperatures of all my components (cpu, sys, pwm, gpu, and hd)?

Speedfan wont detect my 7900gt, and im not sure if speedfan can do logs either. And it doesn't seem Motherboard monitor is compatible with newer motherboards like mine. The closest thing i've come upon is Hmonitor; which seems good enough for what im looking for, except it doesnt detect all my fan rpms or all my psu rails.

Are there any other options i can look at?

McBanjo

Post by McBanjo » Sat May 20, 2006 6:17 am

See your drivers for gpu-heat. Choose "advanced" where you change screen resolution. Pick the 7900GT folder and see temperature-settings (or simular)
Got a Swedish OS here so not sure what all things are called in english, hope you understand enought ;-)

Speedfan can log, see "Configure". I don't know what it logs tho since I haven't used that feature yet

Live

Post by Live » Sat May 20, 2006 6:55 am

Speedfan does logs. Click configure and check logs and then under specific headers what you want logged. NVmonitor will log your GPU temps. http://www.guru3d.com/article/nvtemplogger/294/1/

Be sure to use the log function. If you run a 3D app and close it or alt-tab away from it to check temps in driver properties you will see much lower temps then what you really are getting.

You could also try http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php as an alternative it shows all kinds of things but I don't know if it can log.