Cooltek aluminum fan (120mm)

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Neiro

Cooltek aluminum fan (120mm)

Post by Neiro » Wed May 23, 2007 12:11 pm

I've just ordered two of them, because I think they'll look good when attached to the thermalright 120 ultra extreme which I've also just ordered. But how good or bad are they? I've never heard of the company before, so I just took a chance.
Am normally using black fans from silverstone which I know are very good. But they don't do aluminum, and I wanted to try that.

Here's a link to the thing I bought. It's in swedish, which I don't know much about, but the cfm and stuff should be understandable anyhow :)

http://www.cooltek.se/index.php?view=product&prod=10

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Thu May 24, 2007 1:01 am

I have had some Cooltek's fans. They're not bad but they're not terrible good either. But they're cheap and better than your average bulk fans. I have no experience from alumnium fans though.

In my experience in undervolted you can hear some rattling and clicking from the fan. Although I have experiences only regular Coolteks, 60mm and 80mm fans.

revenant

Post by revenant » Fri May 25, 2007 12:36 am

I have 2*92 Cooltek 1200rpm's in my Antec Solo. They both produce some rattling noise, which goes away from 1 feet, so you needn't worry. I don't have any experience with their alu fans, but a translation of the article at cooltek.se would be: "Cooltek 120mm is a very good and quiet chassis fan."
Not very objective, but they WILL look good on your TR ultra 120. Be sure to post pics with the fans mounted.

Neiro

Post by Neiro » Fri May 25, 2007 12:48 am

I will. Presently the motherboard hasn't been shipped yet, so it won't be before wednesday or something next week I'm afraid