Cooler Master Fan

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

lethul

Cooler Master Fan

Post by lethul » Thu May 29, 2008 2:02 pm

http://www.prisjakt.nu/bilder/bild.php?p=235170

Anyone know anything about these fans? I have a couple in my case now and wonder if they are useable in a silent case or if im better of replacing them asap.

Right now my PSU and CPU coolers sound alot so i can't really tell if they are really loud or not :)

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Thu May 29, 2008 5:09 pm

It'd probably be better to tell us the model number than to post a really tiny picture... :P

But it's very easy to do a 5v mod to try and slow down the fan and find out how it will sound when run slower. But in general, I'd say you'd be better off going with one of the recommended 120mm fans on the list. My first suggestion would be an 800rpm Scythe Slipstream which is very quiet at 12v and moves a good amount of air, but it might not be available in your country. See the latest review on the main page for more ideas.

lethul

Post by lethul » Fri May 30, 2008 12:35 am

jhhoffma wrote:It'd probably be better to tell us the model number than to post a really tiny picture... :P

But it's very easy to do a 5v mod to try and slow down the fan and find out how it will sound when run slower. But in general, I'd say you'd be better off going with one of the recommended 120mm fans on the list. My first suggestion would be an 800rpm Scythe Slipstream which is very quiet at 12v and moves a good amount of air, but it might not be available in your country. See the latest review on the main page for more ideas.
Problem is i have no idea what fan it is. I bought my case second hand and i got it with it. I think its called something like Cooler Master 120mm UV Fan. I know i'm better off with one of those fans, but right now i wonder where im better off spending my money :)

About my shit PSU, it does not have RPM regulation. So always spins full speed. Can i put in an 800rpm fan to take down its speed or is that dangerous for the PSU? :)

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Fri May 30, 2008 1:29 am

Most fans have the actual model# printed on the hub. You can do a Google search and find out more info on the thing.

Sounds like you have an older PSU. A slower fan would make it quieter, but might not cool well enough. An upgrade to a new/quieter PSU should be your first priority.....IMO.