Zaward Fans - anyone used these before?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

zgundam

Zaward Fans - anyone used these before?

Post by zgundam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:49 am

Hi All,

Has anyone heard of or used fans from these guys before?

These fans seem to be only available either in Japan or Europe. I wonder how these compares to current Recommended Fans or the similarly designed Sharkoon Silent Eagle Golf fans?

Zaward Fan Range:
http://www.zaward.com/products_index02.php?Cid=1140

120mm fans

Thanks!

Sylph-DS

Post by Sylph-DS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:02 am

This German site (the link I gave is from Google Translate so it's translated to English) has reviewed it. They don't seem hugely enthusiastic. But then I'm having some trouble with the pseudo-English ;)

zgundam

Post by zgundam » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 am

great! u must be better at using google than I am :p

well they did give it a "best value" award (according to the last page), and apparently it's quieter than the fan that comes with the Kama bay, so I guess it's an ok fan.

thx for link :)

Sylph-DS

Post by Sylph-DS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:59 pm

You're welcome. I was kind of curious about them myself. But if the only review I can find is on a german website then chances are I can't get it in The Netherlands anyway ;)

zgundam

Post by zgundam » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:45 am

well, the Zaward Contact website http://www.zaward.com/contact_tw.php does list a French / Italian / German distributors so if you can read any of them u mite find a online / retail shop that sells Zaward fans...

FYI I found that http://www.quietpc.com has a Netherlands website and they do sell Zaward fans, but not the 120mm variety which I was kind of interested in :x

Sylph-DS

Post by Sylph-DS » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:49 am

Ooh. Thanks for the link. They have quite a lot of stuff that's hard to get in The Netherlands. Thanks for the tip :D

shathal

Post by shathal » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:06 am

Sylph-DS wrote:This German site (the link I gave is from Google Translate so it's translated to English) has reviewed it. They don't seem hugely enthusiastic. But then I'm having some trouble with the pseudo-English ;)
I've read the review (helps that I can speak German) ... 44 dBA (albeit at a distance of 4 cm, not 1 meter), on account of the "fans being so silent". I'm somewhat suspicious as to their idea of "silent" since their measuring equipment only starts @ 30 dB ...

Their statement that the dimples do seem to pay off (albeit not quite as well as the advertised 15%) in making it quieter (compared to other fans at similar revs).

Seems quite cheap though - I'd be suspicious about its use for SPCR, but it might be worth a review on account of a more SPCR-centric (and interesting) examination of those dimples - maybe it's indeed a good idea that something can/should take off with other manufacturers :).

Tephras

Re: Zaward Fans - anyone used these before?

Post by Tephras » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:45 pm

zgundam wrote:Has anyone heard of or used fans from these guys before?
Irrelevant sidenote: "these guys" are actually the well known fan manufacturer Globefan, Zaward Corporation is their sales division.

zgundam

Post by zgundam » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:23 pm

shathal wrote: it might be worth a review on account of a more SPCR-centric (and interesting) examination of those dimples - maybe it's indeed a good idea that something can/should take off with other manufacturers :).
I think that's already happened - just take a look at the Sharkoon Silent Eagle http://www.sharkoon.com/html/produkte/l ... ex_en.html

According to the Zaward/Globefan website, they own the patents on the dimple structure so unless someone else decides to license their design I don't think we'll see any dimple Nexus' anytime soon :)