100 mm , 100+cfm DC axial fan suggestions needed

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

voner

100 mm , 100+cfm DC axial fan suggestions needed

Post by voner » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:40 am

I know this seems like it's off the subject of this forum, however you guys seem to be the experts on quiet DC fans........

I have built a experimental solar air panel system -- it's an old hot water panel that has been retrofitted to just run air through it, and a fan will push the air from my house through it and then back into the house when the sun is shining and the panel is hot enough. I have hooked up a AC fan to it and it works and I am testing the fan speeds that are necessary to push the air most efficiently. I started with AC, because I had a bunch of 4 inch AC fans, that were very high quality ball bearing fans, sitting around.

It appears that I need a fan that pushes 100 to maybe even 150 CFM.

After the system is stable, I want to convert the system to DC and run off the DC system possibly even just a simple small PV panel.

The final design, I hope, will include a DC fan with a thermostaticly controlled fan controller that will vary the fan speed according to the temperature inside the panel.

I detest fan noise, so your help would be quite valuable in many ways. I hope to have a fan that is over powered for the panel slightly, so I can keep the fan noise to a minimum and never push the fan into speeds that are real high, and thus noisier.

My hole is currently 4 inches -- and that is the size of my ductwork, so I need a 4 inch (100mm) fan. This means I guess, to use a DC fan I will probably go with a 92 mm fan -- that means the duct size will not strain the fan.

Please send me your suggestions for fans, or fans and fan controller outfits, to consider. I would like to keep the cost total under $70....

Thank you very much, and I'm sure in the future your help will help out other people who are considering to do other similar projects.

voner

CyberDog

Post by CyberDog » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ ... s_id=21950

[/url]http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ ... =20843[url]

For some suggestion. There is not many fans that can deliver that much air...

You can find other from that site also.
Last edited by CyberDog on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

CyberDog

Post by CyberDog » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am

double post...

Mr Evil

Post by Mr Evil » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but wouldn't it be better to pump water through the panel and then through a radiator inside your house, with a fan on the radiator?