Yate Loons from Aerocooler

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

qiqi1021

Yate Loons from Aerocooler

Post by qiqi1021 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Does anyone have any experience with D12SL-12s from Aerocooler - are they the curved or straight blade version? Thanks.

EDIT: *Adds a link.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:02 am

Hi,

The picture shows the leading edge is curved:
http://www.aerocooler.com/shop.cart?act ... d=FANYT120

qiqi1021

Post by qiqi1021 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Those are just stock photos and not of the actual fans themselves. I e-mailed them for photos of their stock but haven't got a response yet. I read up somewhere that the curved blade version has a larger motor and runs quieter. See this pic. Apparently different shops stock different versions...

But anyway, I managed to dig up a pair of brand new (I think) Zalman ZM-F3s and apparently they're pretty quiet if what I've been reading is true. (See here, here, here and here)

At the same RPM they're much better than the stock Cooler Master fan in my Centurion 5. Might still buy one of those Yate Loons anyway, see how they compare.

DrCR

Post by DrCR » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:26 pm

qiqi1021, that's interesting. I've never noticed the nuance concerning the trailing edge.

Zalman ZM-F3...xtremesystems.org is an awesome forum for proper overclocking (they became my choice once procooling.com died down), but do realize they properly quiet cooling isn't generally their knack. In fact until recent times it was just downright laughable at what other, otherwise knowledgeable, sites called quiet or worse "silent".

All that said, if you are having a hard time finding fans, an undervolted ZM-F3 isn't the worst of options. It's just not a particularly good one and not SPCR-quiet grade. :)

qiqi1021

Post by qiqi1021 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 am

The plot thickens... Now I don't know what to expect of these Yate Loon fans.

I wish SPCR could get some Zalman F3 samples for review.