Eolo / GreenClimber fans

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Eolo / GreenClimber fans

Post by thejamppa » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 am

Hello everyone!

In old continent, in Europe there's new fan's in market at least in baltic and nordic countries: GreenClimber fans. Some say its Nexus GreenClimber even they are Eolo 120mm. However that would be splitting hair since both are re-branded YL's. D12SL-12 is GreenClimber 120mm's name. Same as nexus. Fan is identical with NExus Real Silents with except of sticker and fan color: Its bright green in 120mm version.

So nobody probably is not surprised when I say after testing fans they performed identically with-in sample variance. Same RPM's, same noise charasterics as Nexus fan I used in reference. Its a same fan, different color and different name.

So what's the difference? MSRP. In Finland Nexus fans sell's 7-11€ depending where you get them, sometimes nearly 20€'s. greenClimbers: MSRP 5,50- 7,50€ in Finland. They are considerably cheaper than Nexus fans but also have nothing but the fan, like old Nexuses back in days. No silicone mounts or fan screws.

I got 80mm GreenClimber too, but I don't have reference Nexus yet. However its all black and not green (which is same, I really do like this green shade) but it too is YL model but I'll let you later know how it fares. I expect to be pretty identical with Nexus RS 80.

Some pictures for you all. Images are thumbs and clicking them you get bigger version:

RealSilent 120mm Left and greenClimber on right.

Fan connectors. Nexus on left and greenclimber on right.

Open corners is good.

ces

Post by ces » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 pm

What is the website of the vendor? Are they located in Finland?

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:01 pm

ces wrote:What is the website of the vendor? Are they located in Finland?
Hi there are quite few retailer's in FInland alone. Also in Baltic countries and Italia too. Eolo is Italian corporation, based on Italian languange on the fan package and their websites.

GreenClimber website is located: http://www.greenclimber.com/

ces

Post by ces » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 pm

That website has not even a picture of a fan. But that is what is on the package, yes?

thejamppa

Post by thejamppa » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:24 am

ces wrote:That website has not even a picture of a fan. But that is what is on the package, yes?
Yeah, that is correct. Package was intalian and in english. greenClimber is most likely the manufacturer and model is Eolo 120 for 120mm and Eolo 80 for 80mm fan. I found weird that their website which was branded on package were no products.