BlackSilentFan XL2 vs. BlackSilentPro PL-2

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

pyn

BlackSilentFan XL2 vs. BlackSilentPro PL-2

Post by pyn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 pm

does anyone know the differences between these two fans? I know that they run at slightly different speeds and that the PL-2 comes with more accessories but, I can't figure out if there are different bearings used in the PL-2. I'm guessing that they must use different bearings since the PL-2's MTBF is 160,000 hours compared to the XL2's MTBF of 80,000 hours but, I can't find any specifics. does anyone have any experience with these fans? thanks.

ces

Post by ces » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:19 pm

I believe the Pro series is for industrial use.

I don't believe they are generally available to the public.

Did you find a place you can purchase them from?

pyn

Post by pyn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:00 pm

ces

Post by ces » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Wellllll

The are "Developed by communication with the Hardwareluxx.de Community"

Do you read German? Can you make out what they are saying?

Looks like the SPCR community, only they have more money and perhaps more refined tastes. :?

pyn

Post by pyn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:46 pm

I don't. I think I'm going to pick up a NB-BlackSilentFan XL2 though and see how it performs since I've read such good things about the BlackSilentFans.

_Nickel_

Post by _Nickel_ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:21 pm

The PL uses the same bearing as the Multiframe, which is definitely a tad better than the bearing the XL fans use. I have two XL3s and one Multiframe, and the Multiframe is definitely better (but not quite as good as the Be Quiet USC, perfect bearing on that one!).

The thing about it being developed with the Hardwareluxx community is that the boss of Noiseblocker asked what kind of speeds people wanted and what fan sizes, which is why they're also avalable in 140mm.

Migi06

Post by Migi06 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:51 am

_Nickel_ wrote:The PL uses the same bearing as the Multiframe, which is definitely a tad better than the bearing the XL fans use. I have two XL3s and one Multiframe, and the Multiframe is definitely better (but not quite as good as the Be Quiet USC, perfect bearing on that one!).

The thing about it being developed with the Hardwareluxx community is that the boss of Noiseblocker asked what kind of speeds people wanted and what fan sizes, which is why they're also avalable in 140mm.
Happy to see you here (xtremesystems usually dont know what silence is :D) BTW do you have experience about those 140mm fans? (Wondering new mora 3 or 140mm radiator fans and modding case fans to 120->140mm) I already have yate loon 140(got good bearings) and NB-Blacksilent XK2

_Nickel_

Post by _Nickel_ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:00 am

Been lurking here for ages :)

I don't have any 140mms, I just know that the Noiseblockers PKs/PLs are really popular with the guys at Harwareluxx. And these guys are actually talking about how to silence a Laing DDC 3.1/350 pump and how different tops greatly affect the noise it makes - so they know what silence is :) Not like the guys at XS who'll tell you that their DDC 3.2 is inaudible :lol:

I can recommend the Be Quiet USC fans though, at low RPMs they're the only fans I know that make absolutely no ticking or whining noises. And they produce absolutely no vibration at all - you hold it in your hand and you can't tell whether it's running or not! I only have the 120mm version, but I've not heard a single bad thign about this fan and I guess the 140mm fans are equally good.

PS: The MoRa 3 might be just around the corner, the Watercool guys said in their forum that new radiators will be out within the month!

dkazaz

Post by dkazaz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:14 am

I've been wondering about the BeQuiet USC fans for a while now - the design seems very distinctive but of course sometimes products are all flash and no value.

The 120mm models are pretty expensive, about the same price as Noctua NH-P12's which are IMO quite good. Do you have any idea how they compare?

Migi06

Post by Migi06 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:14 am

_Nickel_ wrote: I can recommend the Be Quiet USC fans though, at low RPMs they're the only fans I know that make absolutely no ticking or whining noises. And they produce absolutely no vibration at all - you hold it in your hand and you can't tell whether it's running or not! I only have the 120mm version, but I've not heard a single bad thign about this fan and I guess the 140mm fans are equally good.
Okey I will try them 8) :

ces

Post by ces » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 am

Migi06 wrote:Okey I will try them 8) :
Migi06, nice collection of fans. Please let us know what you learn from them