Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

cordis

prolimatech fans?

Post by cordis » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:00 am

Hey has anyone heard about this fan:

http://www.svc.com/blue-vortex-14.html
or this red one:
http://www.svc.com/red-vortex-14.html

They sound good, Prolimatech has a good track record, but who knows?

cordis

Re: prolimatech fans?

Post by cordis » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Here's an update, my favorite local parts store, http://www.svc.com, is selling this fan in a package with the prolimatech armageddon, so I got one. Since the biggest problem in the review for the armageddon here was the iffy fan mounting with those clips, I suspect they added this in to answer that problem. I've installed it on one of my hotter cpus (i7 960), and it seems pretty quiet to me. I stuck my ear up to it, and could hear it a little there, but about a foot out it was unheard. Real testing might uncover some issues, but a tentative thumbs up from me, as always YMMV.

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

You could start a thread in the donate for reviews section, maybe people would be interested ?

cordis

Post by cordis » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Eh, my current judgment is that it's good enough for me, and that is, uh, good enough for me. Considering that the site reviews prolimatech stuff fairly regularly, it sounds like they have a good relationship with them, so the product sample channels are probably open. I suppose if prolimatech hasn't gotten around to shipping a sample out, maybe somebody will notice this thread and send an email off. But if not, no biggie. ;)

But if anyone is interested, drop a post in here, if I see a couple, I'll go start a donate thread.

zoran89

Post by zoran89 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:16 pm

It looks nice, and the specs seem fine....i would like to try 2 for my top exoust fans... but, as usual they will arrive in Croatia...hm...NEVEEERR.....just like noctua and nexus fans......I tried to buy one of ebay, but no luck yet....

but, i would like official review from SPCR of this fan.....not that i dont believe your home ear to the fan test....but i would like to read more numbers, an tests....

Lele81

Post by Lele81 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 am

cordis wrote: But if anyone is interested, drop a post in here, if I see a couple, I'll go start a donate thread.
Here I am! Interested!!! :D

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 am

cordis wrote:I'll go start a donate thread.

But, as many times said, it's not a sample availability question: SPCR Staff needs money as fan testing is highly time consuming.

cordis

Post by cordis » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Took a look at the donate forum, looks like there's a thread for an enermax fan that turned into a call for a fan roundup in general, but there hasn't been a lot of discussion about how much money they need for a whole roundup. I'll start up a thread and chip in some cash, so follow me there if you like.