Canadian group buy for 80mm Panaflo medium with tach output

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

quietdragon

Canadian group buy for 80mm Panaflo medium with tach output

Post by quietdragon » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:03 pm

I recently discovered this site whilst figuring out what kind of fan to buy to provide some extra cooling for my case. The thing about this site is that it becomes addictive. I suddenly realised how much noise my PC was making.

So in the end I bought two Panaflos and ripped out the noisy Antec stock case fan. A noticeable difference --- but wait! The next noisy component is the CPU heatsink fan :cry:

So now I want to replace my heatsink with a Thermalright AX7, and I'm looking for a suitable Panaflo with tach output. I want one, maybe two
fans.

In Canada, Digikey is the only source I've found. Their catalogue lists an FBA08A12M1BX 80mm medium speed with tach output and lead. Ten units must be purchased to make the cost reasonable ($9.50 x 10 + $8 shipping + GST = $11 per fan).

Are there any Canadian subscribers who'd like to purchase some of these fans?

I propose that I would place the order, then ship the fans onto you on receiving payment. You would pay me $11 per fan + shipping (which I estimate to be $5 -- perhaps slightly more if you have multiple fans and I combine shipping).

The fan leads have bare wire tails, so you'll need to add a 3 pin molex connector if you want to connect the fan to a motherboard (about $0.60). I'll be ordering some of these too, so let me know what you need, and I'll add it to the order.

Subscribers in Vancouver, BC, can arrange to pick them up from me in Burnaby during business hours to save the extra re-shipping cost.

Even after the CanadaPost shipping cost, I think the price is pretty reasonable. Big Foot Computers lists the high speed version at $20 and the low speed at $10, plus shipping of $6.

lacsap
Friend of SPCR

Post by lacsap » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:25 am

quietdragon

Re: Canadian group buy for 80mm Panaflo medium with tach out

Post by quietdragon » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:16 pm

quietdragon wrote:Are there any Canadian subscribers who'd like to purchase some of these fans?
I have found some other local buyers to share in my group purchase. This offer is now closed.