Where to buy uchannel (fan hole) rubber molding?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Post Reply
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:58 am
Location: USA

Where to buy uchannel (fan hole) rubber molding?

Post by NetTechie » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:57 am


Ok, so where else can I get it? Does directron carry something like this? Where would you recommend I get this kind of stuff? I saw someone used something from an auto store (chrome).... was thinkin maybe u have another suggestion?

*Lifetime Patron*
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:06 pm
Location: Uppsala, Sweden

Post by Pjotor » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:45 am

I bought a length of 5mm silicone hose, which I slit lengthwise. Works well too, and it's cheap.
Happy silencing!

Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:26 pm
Location: Silicon Valley

Post by mg1394 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:06 am

www.mcmaster.com p. 3466 item 8510k11 or others of your choice. about $0.20/ft.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer
Posts: 8636
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:33 am
Location: Sunny SoCal

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:01 am

Main Box: Intel i3-3225, Intel DH77EB, 16GB Corsair RAM, 256GB Samsung 830, SS360GP PSU, CM PS07 case.
Music Server: Intel DH77EB + i3-3220, 2xSamsung 2TB F4, Pico PSU, Fractal Define Mini, 2xScythe Fans @250 rpm.

Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:31 am

Post by Bistro » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:05 am

I've used the stuff from the auto stores (to line car door edges)--the black stuff, NOT the chrome. I just softened it up with a hairdryer while applying it. I've used it with success for 80mm holes and bigger...wouldn't try it for anything smaller--would probably peel off too easily from the tension.

Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:58 am
Location: USA

Post by NetTechie » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:50 pm

Thanks guys. :) I think I'll probly buy stuff from mcmasters, assuming I do the sorbathane mod to the Zalman 7000. I'll get a buncha stuff from them at once probly.

Anyone here think it might be a good idea to have a sticky called "McMaster suggested products" and list part numbers and catalog pages of every useful product for pc case modding? Save a lot of noobs like me from posting. :)

Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:00 am

Post by munichkid » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:13 am

You can go to a hardware store and get 3/16" vacuum hose and it will do the same thing.

Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:51 am
Location: UK

Post by BenW » Mon May 30, 2005 7:16 am

In the UK, Kustom PCs sell 'Blowhole trim' which i asume is the same as C channel

Posts: 114
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:15 am
Location: New Zealand

Post by madd02 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:45 am

Anyone from lil old New zealand managed to track this stuff down ?

I love ! reading about these great new ways to silence...its just a little frustrating after to try n track down the american and uk products taht dont make it to the southern hemisphere....

Although i did manage to source some Stretch Majic for my HDD suspension..YAY !!

Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Where to buy uchannel (fan hole) rubber molding?

Post by Shata » Fri May 11, 2012 6:06 pm

This seller is good to I used them couple times and they sell international also.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Computer-Moddin ... 2eb81369a8

Post Reply