I would appreciate it if you would keep our boards clean.

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Cpro

I would appreciate it if you would keep our boards clean.

Post by Cpro » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:46 pm

Greetings, this is Cprossu from the futuremark forums.
I would like to express my dissapointment in some of your members here.

This is not against the whole team, just a few ignorant people who happen to be in it.

see the examples here
http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/sho ... art=1&vc=1

here
http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/sho ... =0&fpart=1

and even on our independant teamFM forums here
http://www.teamfm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

we approve of friendly competition, not immature competition,
thank you.

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:58 pm

I honestly don't see how you are dissapointed by those remarks...but thats just IMHO. FYI I don't fold for SPCR (currently).

-Ken

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:07 pm

Cpro,

Looks like your member "mnet_gaming" balanced everything out with his post, or, maybe even over compensated a little.

M

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:07 pm

Dear Cpro:

I would like to express my disappointment in you, and others in your group.

We have successfully taunted teams in the last few months.

Teams like yours that we were to overtake suddenly started folding like mad, (so did we).

I hope that you and your team realize that "points" are strictly for competition, not for the cause and not to make anyone better than anyone else.

Sticks & Stones may break your bones but TAUNTING will never harm you!

PhilgB

Post by PhilgB » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:13 pm

I agree. It was all in good fun until Mnet_Gaming went personal, calling Trodas and the team 'a bunch of no nothing retards', and managed to surpass any of Trodas' immaturity with his moderating abilities.

Cpro

Post by Cpro » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:14 pm

Sticks & Stones may break your bones but TAUNTING will never harm you![
true but it does make cracking a joke, getting somthing fixed for another user, and makes moderator's jobs harder and makes you and your team look bad in the process.

i dont personally care about points, but i do care about tempers on our forum and communication lines getting blocked with how should i say it? garbage?

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:17 pm

'a bunch of no nothing retards'
is contradictory.

M

MCS_Gaming

Post by MCS_Gaming » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:19 pm

PhilgB wrote:I agree. It was all in good fun until Mnet_Gaming went personal, calling Trodas and the team 'a bunch of no nothing retards', and managed to surpass any of Trodas' immaturity with his moderating abilities.
I am oh so sorry that I offended you, next time I'll let you post "Garbage". Oh wait, no I wont...

You have not only made yourself look like a bunch of pre-teens but your team... Remember that next time you come disturbing the peace on other forums.

...You got off lightly this time...

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:35 pm

OMG

THE

crybabies. I thought the Maccrybabies were THE crybabies but..........

We now have a new crownholder!!!!!!!

If you don't like it FOLD FOLD ,that's really your only retaliation,

Everything else is an excuse

Please don't whine

PS if you don't pick up the pace KWSN will give you plenty of LOVE

MCS_Gaming

Post by MCS_Gaming » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:41 pm

No really, how old are you?

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:47 pm

Let it go, Put it behind you.

OR be PUT behind

MCS_Gaming

Post by MCS_Gaming » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:49 pm

I tell you something, one thing most people learn about me is that I dont take any shit, I'll tell you straight what I think of you.

And in this case, I have confirmed you must be below 15...

This is the last post I'm going to make on these forums until the maturity level rises, and that'll no doubt stand for the other members of TeamFM

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:51 pm

Hey, hey, wtf is goin' on here?!?

I want a list of exactly who's going around doing this; I'll try to get to the bottom of this. It's best we try to keep this competition friendly (I'm assuming the examples above are not the only cases, and you know your forums better than I would).

I will personally apologize if you think it's a matter of the whole team, but if you take a look at the size of the team, I believe you will find it's more an issue of only a couple or a few different members; a few individuals can be dealt with, but please give the rest of our team a chance to get to the bottom of it. It's not like all 400 of our active members are coming in there and throwing around worthless taunts (heck, hardly even 1%). I also believe if you take a look around our forums, you will find that generally speaking, our forums contain less bullshit than the greater majority of forums elsewhere on the 'net.

Fold On (In Peace).

-Edward Ng

EDIT: Btw, as a moderator, you should know as well as I do that almost every single team in a team sport is bound to have at least one or two people who just have to be PITAs. I'm not trying to stick up for them; I'm sticking up for our team, which is the same, I'm sure, that you would do for yours. And I only joined team SPCR's Folding but several days ago.

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:59 pm

This is the last post I'm going to make on these forums
Thanks!

M

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:01 pm

I thought the Maccrybabies were THE crybabies but..........
ROTFLMAO! You guys are crazy! You always hurt the ones you love! :lol: How you doin' Mnet? Sorry I haven't been around too much to take part in your 'benchmark braggin' contests' over at FM. :wink: Once we passed you, well. Out of sight, out of mind. Besides, you never took the time to visit our forums! That's not fair! :wink: I want our 'crown' back! :lol: Have fun with it! Foldin' is golden!

msde

Post by msde » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:59 pm

haha, MCS is really cracking me up, and I don't even fold. The only remotely borderline comment made by trodas in the linked topics was to say something about cpro's machine downtime affecting their folding capabilities. Isn't the part of point of a competition to motivate the other competitors?

He saw a taunt and immediately responded by calling people here names, which is a true sign of a quality moderator. At least he promised to go away and leave us alone. I don't think you really need to investigate this issue unless an inappropriate post shows up in any forum.

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:04 pm

Fine; perhaps not worthy of my effort, anyway.

And we all know Trodas likes to make a sport of this sort of thing; it just needs to be taken mildly. There's plenty of worse things in life, such as racists, sexists and by far the worst, bad drivers.

-Ed

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Macaholic quoted::::
ROTFLMAO! You guys are crazy!
That's from the biggest pain in the Macside this folder has ever seen.

A firsts class rival in a Great rivalry.

I will and hope that everyone else just lets sleeping dogs lie :wink: , these fellow folders are not into rivalry. I can respect that.

Just act like we passed them yesterday, and tomorrow will be like Groundhog Day.

Like I posted in another thread, there are no points to stirr up amongst this group.

I am trewly :wink: sorry if I hurt the fealings :roll: of Team FM , BUT if I caused just one of you to turn it up and crank out an extra WU then it was worth it!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:07 am

Sheesh, step away for a couple of hours to take in a ball game and all hell breaks lose.

It has been TOO quiet around here. 'Bout damn time we had some excitement.

Edit: I read the threads linked to above, and I have a question: That's IT? That's everything? The sum total of all of SPCR's taunting? I too am disappointed in our members.

I will say, though, if they seriously don't want to be bothered, then I would ask everyone to please leave them to their slumber.

David

trodas

Post by trodas » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:46 am

I think so :lol: :twisted:
...well, the lousy folders (hell, the team FM have almost 1000 members, for Chist sake, they should fold like Gods with all the supermachines in their childish boosting signs :P :? ) did not exactly like my little provocation, but I believe that I did not oversteped the borders of friendly competition and little provocation, did I?

If this is true, I apologize for my limited english and provocations on the team FM... :roll:

sorry

...but hey! I know who to blame for! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: NOT me, Macaholic is guilty! He posted the link on the FM forum there:
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=13481
...and convinced me to add some funy posts :lol: :twisted:
Macaholic - Hey guys! Wassup?! Here is the link to the Team FM Forums that you REALLY want. The other one is a cover! Don't be fooled! :wink: Have fun with it! Siemper Fold!
http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/pos ... ccomputing

HE is up to blame, not ME :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

(strip deep irony to the way how ppls in US always blame someone else for their faults :lol: )

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:09 am

Until I read your disclaimer, I was going to reply "That's a very American attitude you have there trodas!"

I would ask SPCR members to stop taunting the Futuremark folks. It's clear that they are not interested in stepping up to the plate, so let's just slip past quietly and search for a more spirited prey.

David

trodas

Post by trodas » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:33 am

I see... :roll:
All they can do is a immediate bann to poor little trodas that just trying to having some fun and motivate them to stop their PCMarks, 3DMark and whatever marks and instead fold a little more :?

So, let them concentrate on theirs XXXMarks and childish overboosting signatures and instead FoldOn! :twisted:

We are going to smash them! :twisted:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:00 am

"We are going to smash them!"

Like aluminum cans under the tires of an H2 baby.

David

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:32 am

NOT me, Macaholic is guilty! He posted the link on the FM forum there
What?! Who?! Me?! Yup! I love it when a plan comes together! :lol:

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:05 am

Indeed, clearly peoples' sensitivity and sensibilities vary considerably around the 'Net. For perspective, compare the visitation of KSWN upon SPCR (that got them banned and many of their posts deleted in a moderator's pique).

For the unbelievably peurile, we had an encounter with another group (on their forums) that defied all boundaries; alas, I cannot remember the group's name nor can I find old SPCR articles referring to the exchange. Anyone, help?

Retro_Phil

Post by Retro_Phil » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:44 am

MCS_Gaming wrote:...You got off lightly this time...
I just love that ! :lol:

To wit: http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v22 ... gh_guy.jpg

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:46 am

Internet

Tough Guy?

That''s an oxymoron if I ever seen one.

jbyram2a

Post by jbyram2a » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:18 am

tragus wrote:Indeed, clearly peoples' sensitivity and sensibilities vary considerably around the 'Net. For perspective, compare the visitation of KSWN upon SPCR (that got them banned and many of their posts deleted in a moderator's pique).

For the unbelievably peurile, we had an encounter with another group (on their forums) that defied all boundaries; alas, I cannot remember the group's name nor can I find old SPCR articles referring to the exchange. Anyone, help?
LMAO at that thread. We at Futuremark are not nearly that Spamiferous.
Although a few threads come to mind.....

Before I leave, thanks to Lockheed for his work in LTSP booting Nforce2 boards... Although I still get a screen full of blinking multicolor charecters if I try his method. No time to figure it out, so I just use a bootable NIC.

The Ever-changing Jbyram2 Guide to Diskless Folding

trodas

Post by trodas » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:07 am

jbyram2a - nice diskless guide, only... Why I can't acess it? Ah, I got it, its enought to change my IP (anon proxy rules) and I can... Hmmm, ah, the great Mnet_Gaming trying to play a God with me? :evil:

Well, thanks for the guide and I try convince the funny guy once more to do not play rough with me, because I can play very rough too :evil:
(/me preparing trully horrific plans against Mnet_Gaming :evil: )

trodas

To @:

Post by trodas » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:22 am

Everyone see this? :lol:
trodas - NOT me, Macaholic is guilty! He posted the link on the FM forum there...

Macaholic - What?! Who?! Me?! Yup! I love it when a plan comes together! :lol:
...he admit it's guilt! :P Blame him :lol: :wink:

Im innocent! He tricked me to do it! :lol: