Asus TA-210 Black Case

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

leweq22

Asus TA-210 Black Case

Post by leweq22 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:58 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post on spcr so please be nice!

I currently have a Shuttle SN41G2 but I am getting fed up of the noise it is making (and would also like more space for expansion as in PCI cards and Hard Drives, etc.).
So what I have decided to do is port the hard drives and graphics card (2 Seagate Barracudas and a Radeon 9800 Pro) to a new midi tower case!

So far, here are the parts I have chosen, I want the machine to be silent enough for me to sleep in the same room with but a low level of noise is acceptable:

- AMD Sempron 3100+ S754
- Artic Cooling Freezer 64 To cool the CPU
- Gigabyte GA-K8NS
- 1024MB Corsair Value Select DDR400/PC3200 Memory
- Artic VGA Silencer Cooler Rev 3 To cool the VGA

Now the case I have decided to use to house this setup in, mainly because I love the looks (and the price) is the ASUS TA-210 Black midi case which includes a 360W PSU.

Now what I would like to know is: does anyone have any experience with this case and can anyone give me any info on the deafult PSU - as in loudness, would you be able to sleep with your machine on in the same room?

I know some of you may reccomend that I go with a case with 120mm output fana but this case with its 92mm output fan is simply beautiful (in my eyes) and I have not found another black case that can beat it price wise or looks wise!

If it is not reccomended that I go with the deafult PSU - I was thinking of maybe puttin a Nexus 300watt PSU in there instead, any comments on this paticular PSU?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!
Lewis

David Mitchell
Friend of SPCR

Post by David Mitchell » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:38 am

If only ASUS cases were available in North America, separate from barebone systems, you might have some responses. I quite like the look myself: I nearly bought an ASUS Vintage S the other day merely to get the case!

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:42 am

David Mitchell wrote:If only ASUS cases were available in North America, separate from barebone systems, you might have some responses. I quite like the look myself: I nearly bought an ASUS Vintage S the other day merely to get the case!
You and me both bro.

$104 isn'y too bad for a case, but unfortunately the Vintage looks fairly cheap.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:17 am

We have those Asus cases here in Turkey. I haven't used one yet but the intakes looked pretty restricted to me. The exhaust and the internals are fine but the intake is from the front bottom and most of it is blocked with the USB module.