Passive Radiator

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

rhettje

Passive Radiator

Post by rhettje » Tue May 03, 2005 7:56 pm

does anyone have experience in using an Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matic Convection Radiator? I'm wondering if this better than the reserator 1. I'm still undecided between the two. Which one would be more silent? Thanks

Sanatarium

Post by Sanatarium » Wed May 04, 2005 8:28 am

well first of all, that depends on the pump you use with the innovatek, if you get a very quiet pump such as an ehiem 1048 then that could end up being a better option, since the zalman pump, although very quiet, is mounted in the aluminum radiator, whereas with the innovatek setup you can have the pump inside the case, where it can be damped for noise/vibration, plus the innovatek setup would definately be more LAN friendly if you go to LANs alot.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Wed May 04, 2005 11:23 pm

does anyone have experience in using an Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matic Convection Radiator? I'm wondering if this better than the reserator 1. I'm still undecided between the two. Which one would be more silent?
i have one innovatek konvekt-o-matic maxi to cool two Xeon 2.4Ghz processors. It works well and looks nice.

The reserator is cheaper, but with the innovatek system you can choose your pump, add a reservoir, add additional coolers (gpu, chipset, hdd, etc.), flowmeters, thermometers, you name it.

I also have a Reserator and both systems are quiet. If you want the extensible system, go for the innovatek, if you want something easy to setup with only cpu and gpu to cool, go for the reserator.

Markus

nutball
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by nutball » Thu May 05, 2005 12:17 am

The Reserator is nice and easy to set up, but seems to have a flaw in that mounting the pump inside the reserator means that it doesn't take much for the thing to become noisy.

I've been through four pumps now of three different flavours, and I'm quite frustrated with it. I think my next attempt will be a pump mounted internal to the PC case, using the res purely as a radiator... which isn't so different from the Innovatek solution.

nici

Post by nici » Thu May 05, 2005 9:27 am

nutball wrote:The Reserator is nice and easy to set up, but seems to have a flaw in that mounting the pump inside the reserator means that it doesn't take much for the thing to become noisy.

I've been through four pumps now of three different flavours, and I'm quite frustrated with it. I think my next attempt will be a pump mounted internal to the PC case, using the res purely as a radiator... which isn't so different from the Innovatek solution.
That isnt hard to do so might as well do it ;) Still cheaper than the innovatek thingie. You can also get an adapter for the eheim compact 300 to use it outside the reserator. Search for eheim compact 300 "inline adapter", its a german watercooling company that makes them iirc. aqua computer or something like that. I have one of these but still havent moved the pump outside the reserator. The thing cost me about 10€.

Poodle

Post by Poodle » Sat May 07, 2005 3:49 am

I'm in the same spot as you rhettje.

My question is: If I don't go Reserator what about the watertank? It would be nice to have the pump inside my 6070 case but I'm not shure a tank will fit... Maybe it isn't needed...