SPCR is 2, 3, 4, 5... now 6 yrs old!

Site announcements, news, stuff you should read. Start here.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:35 am

Live long and prosper, SPCR. :wink:

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:43 am

Congratulations! SPCR is great site with a lot of info. Never knew that SPCR has the same birthday-date as I do!

sun.moon

Post by sun.moon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:17 am

You got a great thing going. One of the very few PC-tech sites that I regularly visit - always a pleasure.

-sun.moon

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Happy Birthday Mike and others. I'm still occasionally checking in.

~aphonos

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:13 pm

Still one of my favorite sites. Been here since the beginning! I still remember one of the first times I chatted with Mike and I knew he was a pretty knowledgeable guy. Quieted my first enermax to a dead quiet whisper with his instructions. Congrats and thanks for all the excellent work. Indeed, we have come a long way - finding quiet parts to work with is much easier now and there is less need for DIY!

-Ken

kimandsally

Post by kimandsally » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:10 am

Congratulations and a BIG thanks for all the effort you've put in to make this THE best website in the world for quietning down PC noise, I cannot count the hours of enjoyment I've had reading learning and carrying out mods on my own PC because of this website.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to the next 2 years it will be very interesting to imagine where you'll be at that time.

TheEagleCD

Post by TheEagleCD » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:14 am

Happy Birthday SPCR!! :)

Keep up the outstanding work...

Copper
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Copper » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Congratulations!

picture_perfect

Post by picture_perfect » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:38 pm

great site. learning alot. mike, i hope you make enough to tinker full time with this stuff. we need ever-better cooling.

johnc
*Lifetime Patron*

SPCR's 4th Anniversary

Post by johnc » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:17 am

Mike, you and the other folks who keep SPCR humming (very quietly, with a frequency profile that is refreshing) deserve a big round of applause.

You have brought order out of chaos.

Thanks again for your great work.

John Coyle

Slaugh

Post by Slaugh » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:22 am

"I have a dream that one day all the computers around the world will be dead silent."
"I have a vision that one day, with the help of SPCR, this will be a reality..."

Happy birthday SPCR!
Keep up the good work! :P

applevalleyjoe

Post by applevalleyjoe » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:36 pm

What a great site! I wish that I'd known about it much sooner. Congratulations on your anniversary and keep up your fabulous work. 8)

NoiseFreeGuy

Post by NoiseFreeGuy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:22 pm

I hope you have many more great years ahead of you SPCR!

On an aside. Mike have you trademarked SPCR here in Canada?

Ric

Forumlurker
Patron of SPCR

Post by Forumlurker » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:02 pm

About 3 years ago I only had tomshardware to say if something was "silent" and bought water coling to get quit computer. And Boy I was disipointed. For about 2 years ago I started to searh for silent computing, there was not mutch to find. But then I stumbled across SPCR.

But now I know that Tomshardware (and many other sites) referens to silent is computer was/is wery difrent.

Now 2 years later. There is still only one place I can trust on silent computing. And it is SPCR. Time for a new computer have arived to and it is time to put my knowledge to test, that I have aquierd from here.

Thanks for making the best site for a silent computer. Yepp you are realy the best, if you didnt know that!! :)

/Forumlurker

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:07 am

I just happen to notice that no note was made of the 5th year. Seems like a big number to me, but it went by without much noise made about it (a couple days later there was that announcement on the unofficial SPCR IRC).

Ah well, happy belated 5th birthday, SPCR!

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:49 am

Nice of you to notice and comment Gxcad. 8)

Yeah, it passed by my notice, I think because I was so busy with getting EPCR ready, and others, well, maybe they have less reason to notice. It's a bit of a surprise to me that I'm still doing this. :lol:

It's true that most businesses, both profit & nonprofit (SPCR is not profitable but is a business as it needs/makes revenue, has expenses and must have both to survive), don't reach 5 years. They fail, or their owners lose interest, etc... So I guess it was something to celebrate.

No reason why we can't celebrate now!

Go ahead and take the day off guys, have a bunch of drinks (or whatever poisons you fancy), and celebrate quieting computing today. :lol: :lol:

BeerParty
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by BeerParty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:25 am

Gxcad wrote:I just happen to notice that no note was made of the 5th year. Seems like a big number to me, but it went by without much noise made about it (a couple days later there was that announcement on the unofficial SPCR IRC).

And now it has been 6 years...

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:26 am

BeerParty wrote:
Gxcad wrote:I just happen to notice that no note was made of the 5th year. Seems like a big number to me, but it went by without much noise made about it (a couple days later there was that announcement on the unofficial SPCR IRC).

And now it has been 6 years...
Now how did that happen?! I'd meant to make some big deal of it, but no, I let it slip by again. :roll: Don't know how many of you saw this article in the NY Times about web bloggers working themselves to death. It could have happened to me in the first couple of years... but I'm making sure I stay well clear of that space now.

So here we are still cruising along six years later. Practically a senile age by web standards. :lol: Funny, but I couldn't help notice that some of the earliest articles at SPCR, are still being linked out there today, like this...

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:32 am

Oh, thanks very much BeerParty, for the nice b'day present/donation. Naturally, you're now a Lifetime Patron of SPCR. :)

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:49 am

Happy Birthday SPCR 8)

Mike, you could celebrate with another thread title change, it's getting kinda traditional. :lol:

Regards
Pete

JLee

Post by JLee » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:32 am

woo happy birthday

walle

Post by walle » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:12 am

Happy birthday SPCR !

I would like to thank Mike for his tremendous work, help, and for making this *the* computer page out there; I'm also extending my thanks to all the members, both regulars as well as frequent and not so frequent flyers who’s presents here is as vital as its vibrant at times...

Hmm, 2 years surely went by fast didn’t they folks.

Cheers.

rpsgc
Friend of SPCR

Post by rpsgc » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Woo hoo! HB and keep up the good work :) And many more years to come!

And I can't believe I'm here for almost 4 years! :D

chapmani

Post by chapmani » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Funny, but I couldn't help notice that some of the earliest articles at SPCR, are still being linked out there today, like this...
Wouldn't that be validation of the good quality of that early (and of course the new) content?

I think a mention of this site in a March 2003 LangaList article first brought me here. Though I'll admit, I'm an occasional, as opposed to "business class" flier.

Congrats on another birthday. I should be able to remember it -- it's close to my own.

Firetech
Friend of SPCR

Post by Firetech » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:49 pm

Happy Birthday spcr!

Getting better with age..... :D

Myth!
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Myth! » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:35 am

Happy 6th Birthday SPCR

I'd light some candles, but they can be very noisy.... :P