yate loons with uv paint or Coolermaster SUF-S12?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

osirus35

yate loons with uv paint or Coolermaster SUF-S12?

Post by osirus35 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:50 pm

my goal is to have my fans uv reactive and i am wondering if its better to just get yate loons and spray them over with uv paint from xoxide or just get the Coolermaster SUF-S12 which are already uv reactive. I will be using 5-6 120mm 3 for a watercooling radiator and the other 2-3 in the case. All of the fans will be undervolted to 7v.

Will there be much of a noise difference between the two at 7v? and do you think the uv paint will throw off the yate loons properties a little bit?

nici

Post by nici » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:09 pm

I don´t think painting a fan is good for noise or longevity, no. I do have a few of the green CM fans and they are very nice IMO. Just go for the coolermasters, they are smooth and look nice. TBH i don´t think painted fans would look too nice. Well maybe if you airbrushed them, but c´mon! :mrgreen:

What kind of fan controller are you going to use anyway? If i had that many fans, i would want a controller that would automatically shut down the rad fans at idle. Or at least front panel control. A Rheobus could easily handle several fans on one channel. or a t-balancer could do it all automatically.

I don´t think using the 7 volt trick on a PSU is a good idea for that many large fans, if that´s what you were planning on doing.

DrCR

Post by DrCR » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:06 am

You're going for a ThermoChill, right? Just making sure. :) What pump are you going for?

What case you you going to be using? You should need more than one in a WCed rig. If all fans @ 5v are insufficent, you could run them as pairs in series rather than in parallel to give them 6v.

Just some thoughts. Go for the Storm if you can budget it.

DrCR

osirus35

Post by osirus35 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:06 pm

3 uv painted yate loons on a Stealth GTS 360 Black Ice . I have a ddc pump right now but im going to switch to a MAG II. The fans will be running at 7v