No-Vibes 3 in Lian Li

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

koninc

No-Vibes 3 in Lian Li

Post by koninc » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im considering getting some NV3's and sticking my 2 hdd's in them (60gig WD 2meg cache, 10k 36gig Raptor). They are currently mounted in the little cage at the bottom of my Lian Li PC61. I'm wondering if anyone has mounted the novibes unit in this cage at the bottom-- considering how using novibes heats up your drives a little bit, it would seem better to keep them at the bottom of the case (in front of the fans) than put them up in a 5 1/2 bay. Has anyone had any sucess mounting a no-vibes in the lian-li cage? Is it possible?

cheers

nick

rpc180
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by rpc180 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:52 pm

From what I've seen of that drive cage, you could probably make your own no vibe's type solution with craft store bungee cord with some creative tying. Would be alot more cost effective.

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:44 pm

rpc180 wrote:From what I've seen of that drive cage, you could probably make your own no vibe's type solution with craft store bungee cord with some creative tying. Would be alot more cost effective.
Pic of MikeC's efforts here: http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/ima ... vibe-3.jpg

The above linked picture comes From this article: Hard Drive Silencing: Sandwiches & Suspensions

pingu666
Friend of SPCR

Post by pingu666 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:32 am

make ya own, just be carefull of sharpish edges, dont want the string your using to die :)