Rebate processor files for bankruptcy - affects NewEgg, etc

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

CA_Steve

Rebate processor files for bankruptcy - affects NewEgg, etc

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 am

Continental files for bankruptcy

"Who is affected?

The easiest way to see if you are affected, is to check copies of rebate materials you have submitted recently, which have not yet been fulfilled. You keep copies, right? Take a look at the destination address. The department and name of the recepient will vary depending on the brand of the product that carried the rebate, but the address will most likely have the following in it:

P.O. Box 52900 (or P.O. Box 52911)
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900

CPG main website for checking upon your rebate is www.rebatestatus.com. If you see this site as point of contact on the rebate, you may be affected."

Ch0z3n

Post by Ch0z3n » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:20 am

Yeah, I still have a $50 MIR out with them via Antec. I emailed Antec and they said they are going to cover the MIRs. My best advice to anyone is to contact the manufacturer, hopefully they don't want a copy of the UPC because I never made a copy of it. I should probably start doing that from now on.

fanerman91

Post by fanerman91 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:40 am

Sandisk rebates do not seem to be affected.

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Post by AZBrandon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:05 am

I never have been a fan of MIR schemes. This whole fiasco certainly doesn't make me any more interested in MIR's either. Woe for NewEgg, with them having MIR's on every product they sell.