help finding right video card

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

slimster

help finding right video card

Post by slimster » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:57 am

Ok, I've finally gotten tired of hearing my first attempt at a htpc build firing up like a jet engine and have decided to build a much quieter one. I decided on the lian li c37 case but am having a hard time deciding what to do for graphics. I know heat is going to be an issue so I can't have anything top of the line but I do want pretty decent graphics. Money is not an object I just want something that will give me the ability to run most games (even at medium levels) and hd video. Should I go with intergrated graphics to reduce heat? If so, is there even a matx with good enough graphics? Or should I go with a graphics card?.....if so, what low profile (due to case restrictions) gpu would be the best beat for my needs? I welcome any suggestions on any hardware at this point as I am in the very begining of this project. Thanks all.....

vincentfox

Post by vincentfox » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 am

If money is not an object just hire a consultant to do this for you.

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 pm

vincentfox wrote:If money is not an object just hire a consultant to do this for you.
Cuonsultants are usually a big waiste of money in most cases. If heat is issue in case then it would be good to have card that exhausts air from rear. A Hybrid Crossfire would be also a opinion worth of consideration. or then just swap case into HTPC case that has better thermal design and can cope hotter components.