Supermicro "whisper" 300W Power Supply (new)

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

scorp965

Supermicro "whisper" 300W Power Supply (new)

Post by scorp965 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:23 pm

I just purchased a Supermicro CSE-731I-300 Computer Case, and it came with a New Supermicro 300W Power Supply, which is 80 Plus Bronze Certified.

This power supply is produced by Super Micro's sister company, Ablecom, and used as OEM in Supermicro Cases - this is from the special "whisper" line, and emits less than 25db.

Supermicro builds highly reliable components for Computer Servers and Workstations, their quality is much higher than most computer hardware.

$25 shipped.

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:25 am

Is there any point to your post ? It has that strange, marketing sound, you know like when manufactorer hires ppl to post in forums hoping that will give them higher sales.

25Db, did you measure it ? If those are numbers that are provided by manufacturer then they are worth s*** since manufacturers lie about the noise or they use very creative methods of measuring noise so those numbers say nothing.

And to be honest looking at the pictures I get impression of a cheap, OEM PSU. Finish looks horrible, like something that fell out of the 80's.

scorp965

Post by scorp965 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:15 am

Redzo wrote:Is there any point to your post ?
Is there any point to your's? The point of mine is I have an item for sale; there is a description, a price, and photos - the entire construction, intent, and design seem pretty clear.

If you're going to be a douche, move along.

The power supply is brand new, and is produced by Supermicro, who have an excellent reputation.

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:36 am

I am sorry if you missunderstood me, I was recting to your post and was treating just like a post where you were informing us about new PSU out there.I did not see it was an ad since ads on SPCR usually start with FS in the topic line (FS= For Sale).
Now it makes sense but you have to understand that we have been bombarded with stupid ad spam here lately so ppl are getting sick of it hence my reaction.
No bad feelings i hope :oops: