Gentle Typhoon 1150 + NZXT Sentry 2

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

zoran89

Gentle Typhoon 1150 + NZXT Sentry 2

Post by zoran89 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:24 pm

I have 5 GT-s in my case and i hear some weird low frequency noise all the time....first i thought it was stock amd cooler, then i realized that the noise is coming from the fans... it get more intense as i lower the rpm of them trough sentry 2 fan controller...i had problems with sentry 2 while using coolermaster sickle flow r4 fans....then i bought scythe fan controler and all was fine....but now i have cosmos 1000 case and scythe doesnt fit.... on forums i found that sentry 2 does have a problem with some fans but they dont mention GT-s... i was gona buy aerocool 2000 touch screen fan contorler, but i dont want to be wrong.... the noise is very frustrating.... i cant pinpoint its exact location but i now when i turn off fans the noise is gone... does GT-s make that noise or is it sentrys 2 fault ? will the noise be there even if i buy some other fan controller?.... is there certain types of fan controller that dont work with GT-s?

themaster1

Re: Gentle Typhoon 1150 + NZXT Sentry 2

Post by themaster1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 am

I have a 250mm fan (controlled with a potentiometer originally) that make noise when i use it with the nzxt sentry 2. All other "normal" 2pin fans work normally (Lian-Li fans 120-140mm) or even zalman

Camacha

Re: Gentle Typhoon 1150 + NZXT Sentry 2

Post by Camacha » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:00 pm

This is unfortunately a common problem with the Sentry 2. They admit it on their forums. Please add your fans to their list so the scale of the problem becomes clear.

http://www.nzxt.com/forum/showthread.ph ... e-Noise%29