Good quality case for performance computer.

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Ozkar

Good quality case for performance computer.

Post by Ozkar » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:04 am

I'm planning to build a fast Sandybridge system soon. I want it to be very quiet. I'm not a gamer, so I won't be running any fancy graphics cards. I want a case that can be considered very silent. I like simplicity and elegance, not flashy lights or clear windows. What are my options?

BTW, I can't believe it's been 7 years since I first came to SPCR looking for advice

speedkar9

Re: Good quality case for performance computer.

Post by speedkar9 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:04 am

Antec Solo or P183

Ozkar

Post by Ozkar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:58 pm

speedkar9 wrote:Antec Solo or P183
I like the P183. If nobody else recommends anything else, I will buy the P183. It looks very nice, plus I've alway trusted Antec. They make good quality cases.

Woody

Post by Woody » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:01 am

If you're gonna have the PC in the livingroom, and you have a place to put it. ( it's pretty big) check out:
Antec fusion remote max.
Disconnect the LCD cable to the lcd display, (remote will still work)and replace fans with scythe's, and hook them up with rubber grommets.
Monster inside, silent outside :mrgreen: .
I can run Crysis on high settings, or watch bluray movies without having a feeling of a vacuum cleaner in my livingroom.

Modo

Post by Modo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:56 am

I suggest looking for cases that catch your eye by Silverstone, Antec, Lian-Li, and others mentioned in the recommended cases article. Pretty much anything will do when when no big graphics card is planned. Seriously, the heatsinks available today can take a 95 W TDP CPU with nearly or literally zero noise when correctly coupled with an exhaust fan.
Woody wrote: Antec fusion remote max.
Why would you suggest that when no high-end graphics cards will be used?