Back in action

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Back in action

Post by thejamppa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:20 am

Hello everyone in this fine community!

Some of you may have wondered what happened to me. Well, my graduation work took alot of my time its completed and I got my bachelor's degree. I made thesis/gradwork is about Silent work stations and silencing them in working environment and I want to also thank entire community that has been great source for my approved thesis. Well I don't have job yet but I think I'll find something.

I did however started to notice that my game rigs E8400 wolfendale was bit sluggish so I am now messing slight non-volt-increase overclock and so far it looks that 3,0 -> 3,3 Ghz pump does quite amazing job for games. I am glad I am member of this community and wanted to let you all guys know that I am back in action, I want to thank all of you for contributing for this community and Happy New year 2011 to us, silence freaks.

yours truly,
Jani

NeilBlanchard

Re: Back in action

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:17 am

Welcome back, Jani!

Haych

Post by Haych » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:42 am

Welcome back! And congratulations on the degree :D

walle

Post by walle » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:48 am

Nice to hear things are rolling, congratulations and welcome back!

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Welcome back and congrats on your degree :D

10% overclock with stock voltage on the e8400 is an easy bump in performance. You should be able to go to 3.5-3.6GHz w/o messing with voltages (dusty memories from when I built this system).

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:41 am

Thanks everyone!

CA_Steve, you're correct that 10% is easy performance pump and I should get easily 3,5 Ghz. I haven't overcloked in while (not since I got my Wolfy 3 years ago), so I just rise FSB to 333 -> 370. I should aim for 3,3 Ghz -> 3,5 Ghz. My HDTS-1283 Red Scorpion with Akasa Apache PWM fan should be more than enough to cool my trusty Wolfy easily. I got 2x2 Mushkin's memories so they should be able to handle overclocking though they're not Mushkin's top of the line.
Last edited by thejamppa on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

wouterr5

Post by wouterr5 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 am

Is there a chance that fellow silencers can view your Bachelor thesis? :) Sounds quite interesting - also, what study do you do where you get to write something about noisy workstations? :shock: Sociology? Psychology? Electrical engineering? :)

Welcome back!

thejamppa

Post by thejamppa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:05 am

wouterr5 wrote:Is there a chance that fellow silencers can view your Bachelor thesis? :) Sounds quite interesting - also, what study do you do where you get to write something about noisy workstations? :shock: Sociology? Psychology? Electrical engineering? :)

Welcome back!
Its sadly in Finnish, but I think I maybe able to translate it eventually. I got my Bachelors degree in logistical computing systems and I was reviewing noisy computer's in school environment.

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:23 am

Sweet ! Welcome back and congrats on your degree !

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Congrats and welcome back.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:48 pm

thejamppa wrote:Hello everyone in this fine community!
Ditto
thejamppa wrote:Some of you may have wondered what happened to me.
Nope, haven't been here much myself. No offense.
thejamppa wrote:Well, my graduation work took alot of my time its completed and I got my bachelor's degree.
I just got mine in Cyber Security. My last class was this past summer.
thejamppa wrote:I made thesis/gradwork is about Silent work stations and silencing them in working environment and I want to also thank entire community that has been great source for my approved thesis.
While not quite a thesis mine was on cyber money laundering.
thejamppa wrote:Well I don't have job yet but I think I'll find something.
My optimism is having a battle with reality, reality is winning. :(
thejamppa wrote:I did however started to notice that my game rigs E8400 wolfendale was bit sluggish so I am now messing slight non-volt-increase overclock and so far it looks that 3,0 -> 3,3 Ghz pump does quite amazing job for games.
I upgraded to an E7500 which I run at 3.6 (400*9) at stock voltage. Stock voltage was a lot higher than I had expected at 1.5 and change.
thejamppa wrote:I am glad I am member of this community and wanted to let you all guys know that I am back in action, I want to thank all of you for contributing for this community and Happy New year 2011 to us, silence freaks.
Ditto again, wait, that's redundant redundant.

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:53 pm

thejamppa wrote:Hello everyone in this fine community!
Nice to see you're here again, welcome back!