New Completed Projects

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

slipperyskip

New Completed Projects

Post by slipperyskip » Fri May 27, 2011 8:19 am

A couple of things I have finished in the last six months....

I call it Level Twelve.

Level Twelve

and another I just finished. I call it Usonian. It was inspired by the designs of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Usonian

andymcca

Re: New Completed Projects

Post by andymcca » Fri May 27, 2011 9:24 am

Very nice!

Any problems with resonance with the glass?

Is the mini-ITX case a wood veneer on metal? Or rather, how much metal is hiding in there? Where did you get the back piece? (Edit: oh, I just clicked your link and saw the rest of the photos. Very cool! I have an M350, maybe I will try something similar with a custom housing. Finishing my first wooden case, definitely nowhere near your skill!)

Also: What kind of workshop do you have? Do you cut/plane/join your own boards? Very nice wood!

slipperyskip

Post by slipperyskip » Fri May 27, 2011 2:52 pm

andymcca wrote:Very nice!

Any problems with resonance with the glass?

Is the mini-ITX case a wood veneer on metal? Or rather, how much metal is hiding in there? Where did you get the back piece? (Edit: oh, I just clicked your link and saw the rest of the photos. Very cool! I have an M350, maybe I will try something similar with a custom housing. Finishing my first wooden case, definitely nowhere near your skill!)

Also: What kind of workshop do you have? Do you cut/plane/join your own boards? Very nice wood!
Thanks.

It isn't glass. It is extruded acrylic. I'm not sure what you mean by resonance but nothing is resonating. :D Both computers have an underlying stock steel chassis, one Lenovo and the other Cooler Master. I don't have a workshop. I mainly work al fresco. 8)

systemlayers

Post by systemlayers » Sat May 28, 2011 6:05 pm

The first is beautiful. Should be sold online! I'm not so sure I love the second one as much but the craftsmanship is beautiful on both. Really great unique builds.

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Vicotnik » Sat May 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Absolutely beautiful. :)

bozar

Post by bozar » Sun May 29, 2011 12:25 am

Love the second one, very Asian-stylish.

slipperyskip

Post by slipperyskip » Sun May 29, 2011 5:37 am

systemlayers wrote:The first is beautiful. Should be sold online! I'm not so sure I love the second one as much but the craftsmanship is beautiful on both. Really great unique builds.
Thanks! Neither is what I would consider my best work. They were both built specifically for contests and had short build times. They were both a lot of fun to build which is my only requirement.

Vicotnik wrote:Absolutely beautiful. :)
Thank you Vicotnik.

bozar wrote:Love the second one, very Asian-stylish.
Frank Lloyd Wright was influenced by Japanese architecture. He later designed the Tokyo Imperial Hotel back in 1915. Usonian is a very narrowly-focused themed case mod intended for hard-core FLW fans. It is currently competing in the 2011 Cooler Master Case Mod Competition.

faustus

Post by faustus » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:46 am

Very nice! :D
I especially like the Level Eleven and Twelve.

slipperyskip

Post by slipperyskip » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 am

faustus wrote:Very nice! :D
I especially like the Level Eleven and Twelve.
Thank you! Here is a photo taken at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show(CES) in Las Vegas showing both "Levels" next to each other.

Level Eleven and Level Twelve

As a side note...Usonian just came in third-place in its category in the 2011 Cooler Master Case Mod Competition. Pretty good placing considering all the awesome stuff that was entered.