Corsair 600T yet?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

SGCSG1

Corsair 600T yet?

Post by SGCSG1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:27 am

Anyone have one?

I like that it's a mid-tower but you can still put a LOOONG video card in it.

Also, the dust traps in the front look easy to maintain.

And it's not an Antec. Getting a little tired of Antec here.

All comments welcome.

Nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64JDcsyQ ... r_embedded

[/img]

mkk

Post by mkk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:55 am

Like these guys videos and I think that a well done video is optimal for reviewing a case. Of all the open mesh front cases I've seen and sighed at for the last couple of years (I'm fed up with mesh fronts from having a Stacker), this at least isn't too ugly. A bit too much plastic maybe and anything that reminds me of older DELL cases makes me instinctively uneasy, but this looks good. Maybe another color though. And it's a little too big for a midtower. ;)

SGCSG1

Post by SGCSG1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:06 pm

mkk wrote:Like these guys videos and I think that a well done video is optimal for reviewing a case. Of all the open mesh front cases I've seen and sighed at for the last couple of years (I'm fed up with mesh fronts from having a Stacker), this at least isn't too ugly. A bit too much plastic maybe and anything that reminds me of older DELL cases makes me instinctively uneasy, but this looks good. Maybe another color though. And it's a little too big for a midtower. ;)
Agreed on the little too big - maybe an inch or two too tall to stick under my desk.

Any mid-towers you like that will take a LOOONG video card?

fumino

Post by fumino » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:32 pm

almost as big as the 800/700
those 200mm fans are never quiet.
firewire? really?
loads of space for noise to escape.
the side panels are pretty light, seem like they'll resonate nicely with any vibration.
soooooooooooo much plastic

hmmm... i bet it retails for $30-50 more than the lian li pc-a05nb.

thats my suggestion for a mid tower, btw.

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:32 am

Corsair cases=Overpriced.

SGCSG1

Post by SGCSG1 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:57 am

fumino wrote:almost as big as the 800/700
those 200mm fans are never quiet.
firewire? really?
loads of space for noise to escape.
the side panels are pretty light, seem like they'll resonate nicely with any vibration.
soooooooooooo much plastic

hmmm... i bet it retails for $30-50 more than the lian li pc-a05nb.

thats my suggestion for a mid tower, btw.
Lian Li PC-A05 comments from newegg. Notice a trend?

All the heat from the PSU rises to the HDDs which makes them hotter than I'd like as well.

Don't try to stuff too much power in this case or your PSU will heat up like crazy.

Case feels really hot.

Get's hot.

I wouldn't recommend this case for a gaming rig with high power video cards. Heat rises and there is no air circulation at the top of the case so they will only have warm (or potentially hot) air to cool themselves with.

Power supply got extremely warm, I had to remove the front cover.

There are only two fans in this case from the get-go. The rear intakes cool air and the front exhaust warm air but most of the fans efficiency is lost due to the limited ventilation on the front bezel. This leaves a heat pocket right where your video cards, etc., will be.

Hot spot on the top - one of the few complaints about this case is the "hot spot" right above where the PCI slots are since the heat rises from your GPU especially with dual GPU solutions, this isn't the case for the HD4770 though it't not even warm to the touch.

My videocard puts off a lot of heat, and the hot pocket created in the upper portion is definitely noticeable just by feeling the case around it, but also has yet to cause any issues (artifacting, shutdowns, BSODs, etc, none yet).

Your air intake is going to be nothing but hot air from the power supply.

wumpus
Patron of SPCR

Re: Corsair 600T yet?

Post by wumpus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:52 am

I have a 600T (white with window, though I have acoustic foamed over it..) and love the HELL out of it. Best case ever.

See my comments and linked review here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60112&p=548879#p548879

(TL;DR you want to tin snip the front and back fan grilles first thing you do after getting the case; after I did that it was nearly perfect.)

markanini

Re: Corsair 600T yet?

Post by markanini » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:44 am

Wow, looks like a very nice case. I wonder how the HDD bays compare to my P150 when hard mounted.
too plastic
I agree on these points, kind of leaves something to be desired to the clear cut and elegant Antec designs. That said seems to be a top class case functionally with all the bells and whistles that improve airflow and cooling. Really made me jump out of my seat when I first saw it.