Noctua introduces twin NF-A12x25 NH-U12A CPU cooler

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

CA_Steve

Re: Noctua introduces twin NF-A12x25 NH-U12A CPU cooler

Post by CA_Steve » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:17 pm

I don't have a specific number to throw at you...but let's look at the three cooler/fan combos already tested:
cooler tests1.PNG
The interesting bit for me is always where an increase in fan rpm provides decreasing benefit. For the Mugen 5, it looks like this happens somewhere between 750 and 1000 rpm where there is a 4C change. We only see a 1C difference going from 1k to 1300rpm. Don't really need a another data point in the sweet spot..it's just 4C. (My gut says the inflection point is around 800rpm).

For the Noctua configurations, the inflection point is somewhere between 460 and 840rpm. In this case, it would be nice to have another data point around 600rpm, because this is large differential (7C for the dual fan and 13C for the single fan).

So my answer would be to run the test as is for a configuration, pop the data into a graph like above and then see if it's useful to add another point.

new room: Ok, not quite as good as building that underground bunker or wine cellar, but still pretty awesome! Thick exterior wall is key. Thick insulation also good. Lots of great soundproofing resources on the internet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Abula

Post by Abula » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Sadly i didnt have enough time to finish, as a matter of fact im half way with the testing... i though i would but i had a nephew birthday that i forgot, and i had help a friend that fried a GTX1080 took most of Saturday.

I manage to finish the testing with Thermalright Silver Arrow T8, i did some weird testing also with NH-D15S, since it has more than 25mm between the towers, i tried to fit a Silverstone FHP-141v2 (38mm, you can but its a very snug fit, and added some NF-A12x25 to see if triple would make much of a difference.
Noctua NH-d15S + SS FHP141v2 + 2x Noctua NF-A12x25.jpg
On the new Thermalright Silver Arrow T8, i tried the included TY143B on different speeds and Noctua NF-A15 to compare directly to Noctua NH-D15S, its an alright cooler, but not amazing i like more the Noctua. When uninstalling the T8, the termal spread didnt seem as good as noctua or scythe, not sure why, i mounted again and the same thing, not horrible but doesnt push all the thermal compound out there were some thicker spots to the sides of the CPU.
Thermalright SilverArrow T8 + TY143B.jpg
I leave you the tests that i manage to ran on the weekend (the red text are not new),
Aida64 Thermalright SilverArrow T8.PNG
Sneak peak, i already started the testing of the Kuma2, and im impressed...
Scythe Kuma2 + KazaFlex 25+15.jpg
But dont expect test too fast, the kuma allows for a lot of combos, it comes with 3 pairs of mounting clips (2 standard 25mm and 1 slim 15mm), so i can do a lot of combination.... will see how it goes over the week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:06 am

See any fractal patterns in the paste to indicated poor contact when you removed the Silver Arrow? I'm guessing not...maybe just poor flatness.

So far, the best combos for temp at < 800rpm look to be the D15S with 2 NF-A15 and your crazy triple fanned version..but I'm guessing the latter is noisier (and pricier).
cooler tests2.PNG

teodoro

Post by teodoro » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 am

to clarify, the temperatures shown for the cpu package and max core are absolute/not adjusted for ambient, correct? as you mentioned this round of tests has a few larger discrepancies in ambient temperature so it might be worth adding a column for normalized results. that silverstone fan must move a lot of air at full tilt--adding the two noctua 120's didn't seem to grant more than a degree or so!

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:29 am

teodoro wrote:to clarify, the temperatures shown for the cpu package and max core are absolute/not adjusted for ambient, correct?
Good eye. I'll republish graphs later today.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:50 am

Went ahead and churned out the graph showing max core temp delta over ambient. Found another error that had crept in as well and fixed it. The D15S with 2 A15's pulls a little farther ahead.
Cooler test3.PNG

Abula

Post by Abula » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:13 am

Sorry for the delays, but took a long time to test the Fuma2, as it had a lot of configs that you could test them on.

I liked the Fuma2, its a mini NH-D15, that was design not to have issues with dual fans with even tall memory, its a very versatile cooler for this alone, specially since low rpm operation benefits from a second fan in most coolers. The cooler can even fit a standard 120x25mm fan on the front if you only use 2 ram slots, but you can even use it if you populate all with placing the fan slightly higher.
Scthe Kuma2 25 and 15 fans.jpg
I tested multiple setups, even the triple fan setups that are not very viable, while there are gains the coolers offest to the back makes the third fan to go really far back, but you might able to fit it fine just will be very close to the back of the case.
Scthe Kuma2 KazaFlex + NF-A12 fans.jpg
One thing before checking the charts is that to test triple fans with Scythe i had to use the Mugen5 Kazaflex fan, but its PWM % is different and thus my initial testing reflects different rpms for the same PWM%, this time i normalized the fan speeds regardless of the PWM % so it would be like having the same fan (physically they are the same). So to clarify, the KazaFlex 15R = the 120x15mm reverse included fans, the KazaFlex 25 = is the included 120x25mm included, and the KazaFlex 120 = is the fan that came on the Mugen5.
Scythe Fuma2 + Scythe and Noctua fans.PNG
Overall, the Fuma2 is a very competitive cooler for what it offers, while i still think the NH-D15S is a more capable cooler it has restrictions like to use it with dual fans you do need standard height memory, while the Fuma2 can use whatever you wish. For what it costs to me this is a better buy than the NH-D15S, unless you do need the extra cooling. I would use it as it comes, the cost of upgrading the fans is too high for what you gain, and they perform really well even at low rpms, the only scenarios i think i would justify it is in case someone wants to stop the fans, but being on the cpu cooler the impact is really big, so i wouldn't recommend it.

Disclaimer: remember this is a delided i7 8086k @4.3ghz on an open test bench, being hammer on Aida64, without the delid expect around 14C+ load temps to what you saw on the table, add another 5C if you let it turbo to 4.7ghz, more if you OC to 5ghz, like this i wouldn't be able to test low rpms, as of now im reaching 90c+ on 250rpm runs, so for this alone the current setup plays better for testing, but its not a likely scenario with a standard out of the box CPU, but its good to compare between coolers and fans.

The Ninja5 will be tested during the week, but im kinda tired of testing, probably will post next weekend, if you guys have any questions about the Fuma2 let me know, ill be around.
Last edited by Abula on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Running the numbers into a graph now. The Kuma2 with the KazeFlex 120 and KazeFlex 25 data looks like an error crept in. The max core delta over ambient goes 33.9C, 33.3, 37, 47.4 as the rpm drops.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Here's the graph with the Fuma2 data as compared to the Mugen 5 and Noctua. I left out the odd data...if you have a chance to rerun/reconfirm it, I'll update the graph - the KazeFlex fans are definitely a better fit for the Fuma than the Noctuas.
Cooler test5.PNG

teodoro

Post by teodoro » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Friendly reminder that it is the Fuma 2 cooler from scythe, which sports two Kaze flex fans :P

Value aside, any thoughts on the sound qualities of the slim fans vs their respective 25mm versions (kaze slim vs normal, a12x15 vs a12x25)? Any obvious differences between the two slim fan types?

Abula

Post by Abula » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:47 pm

CA_Steve wrote:Running the numbers into a graph now. The Fuma2 with the KazeFlex 120 and KazeFlex 25 data looks like an error crept in. The max core delta over ambient goes 33.9C, 33.3, 37, 47.4 as the rpm drops.
You mind editing the table i cant seem to find what you are saying, maybe a circle??? i can send you the test run if you wish.
teodoro wrote:Friendly reminder that it is the Fuma 2 cooler from scythe, which sports two Kaze flex fans :P
Damn sorry, with so much kazeflex typing i made that name up... lol. Ill edit the table and comments =P
teodoro wrote:Value aside, any thoughts on the sound qualities of the slim fans vs their respective 25mm versions (kaze slim vs normal, a12x15 vs a12x25)? Any obvious differences between the two slim fan types?
This is very very subjective, the noctua sound better, i said in the past i cant hear the noctua at 800rpm, where i can hear the scythe at 700rpm, but as Steve posted, the KazeFlex deliever better results, slightly but better, so asuming you can grab that difference with the 100rpm, then its a wash and its not worth investing $30 + $20, which is very close to what the cooler is worth.... my advise is use it as it comes, if in time the scythe go bad, then replace them with noctuas, but for me this KazeFlex are looking pretty good.
CA_Steve wrote:the KazeFlex fans are definitely a better fit for the Kuma than the Noctuas.
I also saw that, didnt want to say yet, but i retested the low rpms for both noctua and scythe, this time the test were run back to back so there is less margin for differences. The Scythe are still slightly better.
Scythe Fuma2 + Scythe and Noctua fans RERUN.PNG
Once i finish the Ninja5, i might do a re test of the Noctua NH-D15S, i feel initally i didnt watch so close the Fluke, and when i did the tests was winter and less humidity, i want to see now. The ninja tests are fairly low compared to the fuma2, since the KazeFlex that comes with the cooler are 800rpm, so ill probably do 400 and 700 to compare to the fuma2, and 800rpms since its top speed, ill do the Noctuas, ill match the ninja tests and add the ones i did with Fuma2 to compare it to all the range of speeds.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. Dead internet here - working off a hotspot.

Fixed my errors, inserted the new 700 and 400rpm data.
Cooler test 6.PNG
The KF120 and KF25 data: note that the 1300rpm and 1000rpm data has the same max core temp while the ambient temp is higher for the lower rpm test...leading to the 1000rpm data point having a lower delta over ambient than the 1300rpm. Can't happen. Something got written down wrong.
Cooler test error1.PNG

Abula

Post by Abula » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:55 pm

I'm done with Ninja5... not testing coolers for a long time, well i want to retest the NH-D15S... but will see when i get a chance.

The Ninja5 is also as a good performer, and again the KazeFlex fans perform very well, there is no way of knowing how well without comparing dbs, rpms are not that meaningful as the noctua is definitely quieter at the same rpms, but also they seem to perform worst than scythe... maybe by years end ill retest them once i get the room setup to measure sub 30db.
Scythe Ninja5.jpg
The Ninja5 is a big cooler, it would get very close to the back of some cases, in my test bench reaches the back of the plastic that goes into IO, not allowing the fan to go as low, also you need standard height memory as you can see it overlaps on all 4 slots.
Scythe Ninja5v2.jpg
Here are the Aida64 runs on the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master + i7 8086k @4.3ghz,
Scythe Ninja5 Noctua vs Scythe fans.PNG
As with the Fuma2, the Ninja5 performs better with Scythe fans, at the same rpms the kazeFlex deliver around 3c better temps, If you compare the runs, the KazaFlex 700rpm run is the same as NF-A12x25 1000rpm, and the Kazaflex 850rpm is very similar to the NF-A12x25 at 1300rpms, give or take a little because of the ambient temperature difference.

Ninja5 performs very well at low rpms, but i prefer the Fuma2, because of the memory compatibility and performance is very similar overall, the test at 700rpms places both Fuma2 and Ninja5 very similar, while at lower rpms the Ninja5 is better, both coolers are really good for $60.

One conclusion that you might or not agree with me is that the Noctua NF-A12x25 are great fans, they are to me "subjectively" quieter at the same rpms, but they also perform worst, specially seen on the Fuma2 and Ninja5, its impossible for me to know whats better, specially without measuring the loudness of each fan on the heatsinks, but one thing is certain, the NF-A12x25 needs more rpms to perform similar, at least temperature wise, my guess is that the design is meant for this and not low rpm operation like we all use, not saying its bad, as i said before, to me they are quieter at the same rpms than any other fan i own, but you might also be sacrificing performance.... its still very open, but my personal conclusion, at least on the Scythe coolers, use them with the included fans.

I'm done testing coolers for some time, im probably going to retest them all when i finish the dedicated room to measure db instead of rpms. But in the mean time, i bought some of the newer thermal paste that i want to compare on the NH-D15S, like Noctua NT-H2, Thermal Grizzly kronaut, Thermalright TFX 2G, ARCTIC MX-4 2019 Edition, and i believe i have some Artic Silver Ceramique2 and GELID GC-Extreme.

thesmileyone

Post by thesmileyone » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:27 am

I'm waiting for NF-A14x25 which Noctua told me would be released Q3/Q4 2019, it is now Q3 2019 so, soon. The 140mm version of the U12A will wipe the floor with everything if it's basically a U12A+. I am also looking to get rid of my standalone gfx card and go full iGPU so 9900k is looking like the best solution.

Currently I have to run all my fans (currently 5 NF-A12x25's) from one input thanks to Asus and it's fraud, and on 27% in speedfan, with the case (275Q) sitting 10 inches 2 o clock from me on my desk, it's completely silent. It's a heatwave currently, 25C ambient temp, and the pc is sat at 40C CPU temp, doing fine. Still yet to delid my 3770k. Also one of my fans is not installed (3x120's at front, the top one not installed) so it could be even less. The only issue I get is occasional fan clicking, and dust, even with dust filters.

teodoro

Post by teodoro » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:30 pm

as I try to rationalize picking up a d15s, I realized that noctua has enough models and enough information on their website to piece together a pseudo noise comparison. my experiences with the a12x25, a14, a9, and a9x14 (subjectively) match up pretty well to how they've listed them. in light of abula's data, the biggest take away is probably that running your fans over 50% is seldom worth it.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Here's the comparison of the coolers as shown in the latest set of data.Hopefully, I didn't add any errors this time around ;)
Cooler test 7.PNG
For grins, here's my takeaway from all of this...with a big grain of salt being it's just rpm data...not noise level data...yet! I added prices for the various configurations.
Cooler test 8.PNG
If you want to go big, get the NH-D15S with an additional NF-A15 fan for $102. Spending $30 per NF-A12x25 and adding them to other coolers doesn't get close to the price/efficiency point of the dual fanned D15 setup. The Scythe coolers all cluster pretty close together...and I wonder if the Mugen 5 Rev B had a second KazeFlex fan would it sneak below the temp of the dual fanned Ninja 5 setup at moderate rpm...

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 pm

teodoro wrote: in light of abula's data, the biggest take away is probably that running your fans over 50% is seldom worth it.
I'd modify this to say running fans over 1000rpm is seldom worth it for temps...and if you care about noise, that number is lower.

SometimesWarrior
Patron of SPCR

Post by SometimesWarrior » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 pm

This has been awesome, Abula. And thanks CA_Steve for the graphs.

Why do the Scythe coolers all seem to perform so similarly? Maybe it's an illusion from the line graphs, and a clustered bar chart or other visualization would make the differences stand out. Or with a hotter processor, the better heatsinks would pull away from the pack. But maybe they really are similar performers: they’re all 120mm towers and, apart from the Kotetsu, all appear to be about 1 kg with 6 heatpipes. Probably they all share the same base too.

I ended up buying the modest Kotetsu for my Ryzen upgrade. Originally I had planned to splash out on the good stuff: 3900X, X570, fast RAM. Then I realized 12 cores doesn't solve any of the problems I currently have with my PC. Finally I asked myself: if my aging i7-860 had twice the cores and 10% faster clocks, would I be any less desperate to upgrade? Nope. So I dialed it back to a 3600 and a X470. (AsRock Taichi -- Abula seems to like it, so it’s good enough for me!) Too bad I won't get to tinker endlessly with three independent fan speed profiles on the Fuma2. :P And I no longer have a use for this vintage Thermalright HR-05, which I bought in June in case I had to replace a noisy X570 PCH fan.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:24 pm

SometimesWarrior wrote:Why do the Scythe coolers all seem to perform so similarly?

But maybe they really are similar performers: they’re all 120mm towers and, apart from the Kotetsu, all appear to be about 1 kg with 6 heatpipes. Probably they all share the same base too.
I think lawyers call this 'asked and answered' :)

For grins, I made another graph to compare the original cooler in question and the reason for the thread :) along with the Mugen 5 with 2 of the NF-A12x25's and the Thermalright HR-22 woth one NF-A12x25 for comparison vs the Ninja and NH-D15S stock. Pricing (with any added fans) is noted.
Cooler test 9.PNG

Mr_Anderson__

Post by Mr_Anderson__ » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Abula wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:47 pm
Sadly i didnt have enough time to finish, as a matter of fact im half way with the testing... i though i would but i had a nephew birthday that i forgot, and i had help a friend that fried a GTX1080 took most of Saturday.

I manage to finish the testing with Thermalright Silver Arrow T8, i did some weird testing also with NH-D15S, since it has more than 25mm between the towers, i tried to fit a Silverstone FHP-141v2 (38mm, you can but its a very snug fit, and added some NF-A12x25 to see if triple would make much of a difference.
Noctua NH-d15S + SS FHP141v2 + 2x Noctua NF-A12x25.jpg

On the new Thermalright Silver Arrow T8, i tried the included TY143B on different speeds and Noctua NF-A15 to compare directly to Noctua NH-D15S, its an alright cooler, but not amazing i like more the Noctua. When uninstalling the T8, the termal spread didnt seem as good as noctua or scythe, not sure why, i mounted again and the same thing, not horrible but doesnt push all the thermal compound out there were some thicker spots to the sides of the CPU.
Thermalright SilverArrow T8 + TY143B.jpg

I leave you the tests that i manage to ran on the weekend (the red text are not new),
Aida64 Thermalright SilverArrow T8.PNG

Sneak peak, i already started the testing of the Kuma2, and im impressed...
Scythe Kuma2 + KazaFlex 25+15.jpg

But dont expect test too fast, the kuma allows for a lot of combos, it comes with 3 pairs of mounting clips (2 standard 25mm and 1 slim 15mm), so i can do a lot of combination.... will see how it goes over the week.
Sorry to ressurect such an old post, but i was wondering how was the performance of the FHP-141 with the noctua cooler?
And how did u get it to fit? is the gap between the heatsink towers larger in the D15s than it is in the D15?
Just asking coz ive got the Noctua NH-D15 and was wondering whether the FHP-141 were worth it to replace the stock fans?(if they actually can fit in the D15)

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Sorry to ressurect such an old post, but i was wondering how was the performance of the FHP-141 with the noctua cooler?
I dont have the testing in hand, but i probably post it here at some point, but its on the NH-D15.
And how did u get it to fit? is the gap between the heatsink towers larger in the D15s than it is in the D15?
The width between both towers on the NH-D15 is more than 25mm, i would say a little less than 38mm as it doesnt go down without some forcing the towers out, nothing to worry though, its just a little for it enter.
Just asking coz ive got the Noctua NH-D15 and was wondering whether the FHP-141 were worth it to replace the stock fans?(if they actually can fit in the D15)
I wouldn't recommend it, personally didn't find much gain on it. Noctua said somewhere the reason they placed a wider than 25mm was because there is a drowning sound that appears if the gap is little, but allowing this extra this issue is minimized, you can still hear it if you attach the back fan to it. If i were changing fans because of wear, i would probably go with TY147B, look better and sound wise i prefer their signature, but temp wise you wont gain anything, you probably will lose as the fans dont reach above 1300rpms.

Mr_Anderson__

Post by Mr_Anderson__ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Abula wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:06 pm
I dont have the testing in hand, but i probably post it here at some point, but its on the NH-D15.

Ok that's what i thought also, that they probably have the same gap
I wouldn't recommend it, personally didn't find much gain on it. Noctua said somewhere the reason they placed a wider than 25mm was because there is a drowning sound that appears if the gap is little, but allowing this extra this issue is minimized, you can still hear it if you attach the back fan to it. If i were changing fans because of wear, i would probably go with TY147B, look better and sound wise i prefer their signature, but temp wise you wont gain anything, you probably will lose as the fans dont reach above 1300rpms.
Ok i guess then by fitting a 38mm there it probably cancels out the advantage of the gap left on purpose by Noctua regarding the sound, but i would have thought that a 38mm(or even better two 38mm in push-pull) would show some gains due to the higher static pressure compared to the nf-a15 fans.
I am tempted though to try 2 38mm fans on it :)

function9

Post by function9 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:28 am

I know it's a little late, but awesome work Abula. I hadn't looked at the Fuma 2 much, but after seeing this and then looking at some other reviews I'm going to get it. One quick question though, and sorry if I missed it. But did you test and/or see any significant difference using a 25mm fan in place of the slim one? I thought of maybe getting a kaze flex 120 (300-1200) along with the heatsink to try out, but if there's little to no gain then I won't.

Abula

Post by Abula » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:23 pm

function9 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:28 am
I know it's a little late, but awesome work Abula. I hadn't looked at the Fuma 2 much, but after seeing this and then looking at some other reviews I'm going to get it. One quick question though, and sorry if I missed it. But did you test and/or see any significant difference using a 25mm fan in place of the slim one? I thought of maybe getting a kaze flex 120 (300-1200) along with the heatsink to try out, but if there's little to no gain then I won't.
I did do some tests you can find some posts above, the difference is very small, probably with in a degree and margin of error.

function9

Post by function9 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:11 pm

Abula wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:23 pm
I did do some tests you can find some posts above, the difference is very small, probably with in a degree and margin of error.
Doh! I now see the set with the 25mm in the chart. I was originally interested in the Ninja, and I think you're the first I've seen to actually test it with different fans. But I didn't realize just how tight it is in regards to ram clearance until that pic you took. I understand you can raise the fan a bit and it's supposed to not affect cooling, but then you possibly run into issues with case clearance. If it was 10-15yrs ago I wouldn't think twice about getting the Ninja, but nowadays it seems like good, standard height RAM is an exception and not the rule.

function9

Post by function9 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:30 pm

Sorry to keep bothering. What's interesting is it doesn't seem to lose any performance when you take away the "reverse jet flow" feature by using non Scythe fans. It looks like it's just a way to generate more static pressure with multiple, slower (and more quiet?) fans. Did you try any other fan configurations like moving the slim on the "back" of the heatsink? Or try a single fan in the middle, like an NF-A15? Sorry to keep pestering, as I thought I for sure was going with the Fuma. But I started looking at the D15s and for about $12 more I could get the D15s. Add to that I keep hearing nothing but good things about Noctua's customer service, while I've emailed scythe usa a couple times about fan availability and no replies.

Abula

Post by Abula » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 pm

I didn't try any other configs than the ones that i posted tables. The fuma2 is a very capable cooler, but the NH-D15S is better, imo the best that i have tested as long as you use two fans and i prefer the S version.... so that means you have to buy the second fan.... so becomes expensive, weather or not its worth it, only your wallet can say.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:56 am

Whether

whispercat

Post by whispercat » Tue May 19, 2020 12:08 pm

Abula, just curious, do you believe it would be possible to squeeze a couple of more dBA's and a couple of degrees out of the Noctua NH D15S with a Silent Wings 3 instead of the stock fans?

Abula

Post by Abula » Wed May 20, 2020 3:28 am

whispercat wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:08 pm
Abula, just curious, do you believe it would be possible to squeeze a couple of more dBA's and a couple of degrees out of the Noctua NH D15S with a Silent Wings 3 instead of the stock fans?
Not sure what you are saying, more dBA's? you want more noise and less temperature? Get some Thermalright TY143, its very likely that they will outperform the stock fans at the cost of more noise. Now if you are asking if i think with BQ SW3 you could achieve better temperature at a lower noise... i don't think so, but its just my personal guess.

If you want better performance, wait for the NH-D16, it was suppose to come this year... but with covid19 might get delayed some, i have hopes that Noctua will introduce it with their NH-A14x25 that have been in development for some time now.