SPCR IS #25!!!!

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:38 pm

OK NoahJ, I have licked my wounds and given myself a full two hours to sulk, bring it on!

David

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:07 am

I think you might need more time once my master plan is unleashed!

For now, things will be a bit bumpy in the next few hours. We'll see how it looks in the morning...

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:46 am

Gentlemen... We have not... and will not lose.

We are merely... waiting to win in a manner befitting us :wink:

(Don't tell them about the celery 500 I just had borged for me by a friend :twisted: , That'll show em not to mess with us :twisted: )

Pete.

Power To Our Folding

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:45 am

Pete, you crack me up! :lol:

David

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:07 am

I just added a TBird 1.4 I put together from scrap parts. 1 WU a day might actually make a difference now. Image

Stevo@ARM
-- Vendor --

Post by Stevo@ARM » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:23 am

Wrah wrote:
Stevo@ARM wrote:This link is to a text file listing the names of the smileys, icons, emoticons, and other neat forum oriented graphics I have started collecting:

smileys.txt
There's even a gif with my name in it in your webdir. :mrgreen:
Feel free to copy more. :)
Thanks Wrah!

I have grabbed a bunch from your link that seem to make sense for our SPCR forums. The one named after you is the one you used as your avatar sig on the KWSN forums when you were taunting them. Image Image

Stevo
----------------
Now we're JAMMING! Image

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:19 am

NoahJ wrote:Mee too on the competitive side. Losing is not an option, never say die!
Ok, how about expire? Terminate? Cease to be a living organism? Assume room temperature? :lol:

Go ahead, bring on your secret weapon. Notice how we are doing this with less than half the active users you guys have? Here that whisper as we pass you? To quote Simon and Garfunkel, "It is the sound of silence."

Like a horde of killer ants, we fold on! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Mustang Mac

Post by Mustang Mac » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:44 am

Like a horde of killer ants, we fold on!
In all my years of college and teaching students, I never knew that members of the Family Formicidae folded proteins on a regular basis?! That is truly amazing! :lol: As for the 'Sound of Silence', I believe that was a contemporary metaphor relating to suicide, dispair, and depression. It's OK guys, really! DON'T take this too seriously! :shock:

roym@arm
-- Vendor --

Post by roym@arm » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:57 am

Mustang Mac wrote:
In all my years of college and teaching students, I never knew that members of the Family Formicidae folded proteins on a regular basis?! That is truly amazing! :lol: As for the 'Sound of Silence', I believe that was a contemporary metaphor relating to suicide, dispair, and depression. It's OK guys, really! DON'T take this too seriously! :shock:
I believe wgragg had the metaphor correct. MacOSxs' despair and depression as SPCR pull away.:lol: But please :!: No suicidal thoughts here...After all we love this rivalry. It brings out the best in us. (who would have thought wgragg using such appropriate, uh..ahh..what did u call it, MustangMac? A Contemporary Methaphor? :wink:

RoyM

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:17 am

Mustang Mac wrote:
Ahh, but you see, I am an avid aficionado of the well turned pun! It is my stock in trade to mix my metaphors and make silly my simile's. Perhaps I should have written it differently. What I meant to say is that as hordes of ants march on, devouring all in sight, so we at SPCR continue our relentless march to devour any in our way.

As to the Sounds of Silence, Ray had that one right;however, I was trying to use the double entendre. Apparently it failed, or someone was deliberately not seeing it! Perhaps, after we are pass you, we can sing about Mac OS's lead, that it is, "....blowing in the wind!"

Oh, and really, the last thing I would want any of you guys to do is to commit suicide. I much prefer that you be around to witness our devastation! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

One final comment.....I agree with Shakespeare when he said that puns are the lowest form of humor. Of course, that will Joe Shakespeare, William's distant cousin! :wink:

Oh I just love a good rivalry....Keep folding guys!

Mustang Mac

Post by Mustang Mac » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:38 am

What I meant to say is that as hordes of ants march on, devouring all in sight, so we at SPCR continue our relentless march to devour any in our way.
No, ants, do not devour everything in their path. Most are harvesters. They do eat, however, carrion and scraps of food. Only a few species are truly threatening. Usually only due to an unfortunate misstep of the unwary. Kill the queen and all is in disarray! I think you just lost a 'queen'?! :twisted: By the way, who is Ray? Oh pundiferous one. Keep on folding!

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:35 pm

Mustang Mac wrote: No, ants, do not devour everything in their path. Most are harvesters. They do eat, however, carrion and scraps of food. Only a few species are truly threatening. Usually only due to an unfortunate misstep of the unwary. Kill the queen and all is in disarray! I think you just lost a 'queen'?! :twisted: By the way, who is Ray? Oh pundiferous one. Keep on folding!
Now didn't you ever watch any of the science fiction B movies from the fifties? You know, the one with giant ants and those who overrun entire towns and eat everything, including people? While not being scientifically accurate, it gives a good approximation of our crusade!

By the way, when I said Ray, I meant Steve. I was trying to think of two things at once (very dangerous at my age).

Just look on us as a bunch of bullet ants (I think from South America). Our bite can be very painful! Muahahahaha

Fold it bro's!

Fart in your gen direxion
Location: Regrettably for you, I'm Upwind in Upstate N.Y. U.S.A.

Post by Fart in your gen direxion » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:57 pm

Congrats on 25th place. I remember when we made the Top 25. Of course that was a looooong time ago :twisted: :P .

Ni !

lenny
Patron of SPCR

Post by lenny » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:19 pm

Hmm, the stinky one's a little slow isn't he? ;-)

SPCR's been 24th for a while now.

Fart in your gen direxion
Location: Regrettably for you, I'm Upwind in Upstate N.Y. U.S.A.

Post by Fart in your gen direxion » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:09 am

I knew that, I just didn't want to acknowledge it. It's a coping mechansim :( .

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:23 pm

Why would a true looney need to cope?

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:31 am

Losing is never an option. Never!
23 SilentPCReview Folding@Home -12,305 1,920 03.28.04, 9pm / 6 Days

Less than a week and we shall rectify our issue with being passed by you.