Interesting Races and Folders-on-the-Move

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:50 am

You mean there was a change? I did'nt even notice! :lol:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:52 am

Macaholic wrote:You mean there was a change? I did'nt even notice! :lol:
There's one in every crowd. A WISEGUY. :P

They need a new color for you Macaholic. ;)

David

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:53 am

CharlieChan is due to overtake tragus in two days, and Zhentar in 45 days, but has ARM Systems, mas92264, wgragg, and myself on his threats list.

bkh should overtake Lockheed in 11 days, becoming our #2 folder.

mas92264 is in the same boat as CharlieChan, with three conquests in the next 30 days or so (tragus, CharlieChan, Zhentar), but also two threats (ARM Systems and wgragg). I am also on his threats list, but not for a few months.

ColdFlame is quietly climbing the ranks. Now up to 34, he could rise another 7 spots in the next three weeks.

CoolGav is another stready climber, just two spots down from ColdFlame, but rising a bit quicker. CoolGav and ColdFlame should be #27 and #28 in 3 weeks.

dasman is on the fast track. Now at #45, #39 is just 4 days out, and a Top 30 ranking could come within a month.

D_Bailey, who is back at #89, is definitely looking like SPCR's next phenom. He's not rising through the ranks quite as fast as ARM Systems did, but close. I predict Top 50 within 2 weeks! As fast as dasman is climbing, D_Bailey is climbing even faster.

Race to the Top 50:
sthayashi is not climbing quite as fast as D_Bailey, but could also be Top 50 within about 3 weeks.

captain_android is also Top 50 bound in about 3 weeks. Who will get there first? sthayashi or captain_android?

The race to the Top 100 is looking interesting. At the moment it's a 5-way battle to see who can get there first, and stay there before getting bumped back out. All should be in the Top 100 within about a week due to the bottom 7 places of the top-100 being populated by (apparently) inactive folders.
BMW - 1 day
Mikael_Strand - 3 days (this will be a short visit)
Kemokim - 4 days
aston - 4 days
Ogre1384
Grokker

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:24 pm

I hate raised bars. And raisin bars. damndamndamn. :(

Douglas Bailey
Friend of SPCR

Post by Douglas Bailey » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:09 pm

wow, never been called a phenom before. I've been called a fast talker....get that all the time. fast talk a couple of my friends to fold for me, fast talk the IT Director to run F@H as a service on some work machines...

but never a phenom. I think I'm honored.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:19 pm

haysdb wrote:ColdFlame is quietly climbing the ranks. Now up to 34, he could rise another 7 spots in the next three weeks.
Just swapped a 2000+ Palomino with 2200+ Thorton, then dropped a wire in the socket to fix the vcore at 1.8v and o/ced the #*@()*# out of this sucker (stock speed 1.8 Ghz at 1.6v). Currently running at 2.36 Ghz (174 Mhz bus) and folding almost as quick as my 2.4 Barton. Ph33r m3! :twisted:

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dasman » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:40 pm

haysdb wrote: dasman is on the fast track. Now at #45, #39 is just 4 days out, and a Top 30 ranking could come within a month.
To think that only 1 short week ago, I was orange. Now, my production has inched up and I'm back to green again.
haysdb wrote: D_Bailey, who is back at #89, is definitely looking like SPCR's next phenom. He's not rising through the ranks quite as fast as ARM Systems did, but close. I predict Top 50 within 2 weeks! As fast as dasman is climbing, D_Bailey is climbing even faster.
Time to find another log to throw on the fire -- just don't know if I have any left :cry:

Way to fold guys!! Image

Dave

EDIT: funny how the site changes the word the color of the word orange to green -- I thought I had messed up, but it's the ad that did it :wink:

aston

Post by aston » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:31 pm

ColdFlame wrote:Just swapped a 2000+ Palomino with 2200+ Thorton, then dropped a wire in the socket to fix the vcore at 1.8v and o/ced the #*@()*# out of this sucker (stock speed 1.8 Ghz at 1.6v). Currently running at 2.36 Ghz (174 Mhz bus) and folding almost as quick as my 2.4 Barton. Ph33r m3! :twisted:
But is it silent? :P That's a big overclock.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:48 am

Wahoo !!!... Accoding to EOC I'm goona overtake Locheed :shock:

Apparently... all I have to do is wait 19.25Yrs at my current rate of production :evil: ... Oh .. and hope his production doesn't change :roll:

Hang on !! It's less than that... I forgot to factor in leap years,... calculates... guess that makes it 19.249Yrs 8)

Pete

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:15 pm

Kinda puts his contribution in perspective, doesn't it Petey?

It'll be over 3 months before I accumulate enough points to pass him, and that's at over 1K per day! :shock:

David

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:26 pm

I guess your saying 'It makes you realise how much he contributed'?

Cheers Lockheed 8) 8) 8)

Anyway 19.249yrs isn't that long :roll:

Will pass him before I'm 60yrs old :roll: (With nearly six months to spare :wink: )

Pete (gotta find some more sheep, goats...etc.) Amer

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm

aston wrote:
ColdFlame wrote:Just swapped a 2000+ Palomino with 2200+ Thorton, then dropped a wire in the socket to fix the vcore at 1.8v and o/ced the #*@()*# out of this sucker (stock speed 1.8 Ghz at 1.6v). Currently running at 2.36 Ghz (174 Mhz bus) and folding almost as quick as my 2.4 Barton. Ph33r m3! :twisted:
But is it silent? :P That's a big overclock.
I think the HSF that I have is called Zalman 6500 (flower type, all copper, heavy sucker). I have fan at almost the lowest setting and I house this thing in a pretty lousy case (GMC X-21, 2x80mm ICE fans in the back). I'm getting different temp readouts from the case's temp sensor (50-55) and motherboard (40-45). I'm inclined to believe the case's sensor. Still, 55 is withing my range and it does not seem to lock up or anything.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:11 am

Mikael Strand made it to 100, only to get booted out again by BMW, but it looks like he will be back for another cup of coffee before getting booted out again, this time by aston and Kemokim. Actually, he might just get past FRODO before Kemokim catches him, and stay in the top 100.

durruti breaks onto the charts at 252.

nsparadox is well on his way to page 2, as are SamWilliams. Ugly_Dog, and quietdragon. That's great, as page 2 is starting to look kind of empty.

Anonymous broke into the top 200 today. Michael_qrt is making a move, up 5 spots today and 17 for the week.

Looking through "page 2" (EOC Stats page), there are a LOT of people contributing significant points. 34 have contributed at least 100 points this week, and 4 others have finished big ol' nasty 71 point Tinkers this week.

David
Last edited by haysdb on Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:45 am

Ack!!! I'm about to get run down by D_Bailey :( Oh well. Keep up the good work, Douglas.

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:19 am

haysdb wrote:Mikael Strand made it to 100, only to get booted out again by BMW, but it looks like he will be back for another cup of coffee before getting booted out again, this time by aston and Kemokim. Actually, he might just get past FRODO before Kemokim catches him, and stay in the top 100.

Guess I'll go catch up on the new members.

David
Looks like Mikael Strand is the *new* Pete Amer, for the time being.

Don't worry Pete Amer, your still *special* to the team. I'm off to find some more sheep, goats and whatever other farm animals Pete needs :wink:

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:24 am

sthayashi wrote:Ack!!! I'm about to get run down by D_Bailey :( Oh well. Keep up the good work, Douglas.
I've accepted the fact that D_Bailey will pass me but I have 2 more threats on my list, you, sthayashi, and BMWBMW. :?

I'm glad to see that we have added a lot of production to the team, but I'm still getting adjusted to the fact that I am now one of the hunted :shock:

Hopefully, this is just the beginning and there will be more folders that move quickly past me. :evil:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:07 am

NullObject wrote:I'm glad to see that we have added a lot of production to the team, but I'm still getting adjusted to the fact that I am now one of the hunted :shock:
Sometimes something will just "tickle me" as my parents generation would say, and this definitely did. Laughed so hard I needed a tissue. :sniff sniff: :lol:

I used to WindSurf, and I was fond of saying that when you sail in the ocean, "you become part of the food chain." :D

David

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:33 pm

haysdb wrote:Sometimes something will just "tickle me" as my parents generation would say, and this definitely did. Laughed so hard I needed a tissue. :sniff sniff: :lol:

I used to WindSurf, and I was fond of saying that when you sail in the ocean, "you become part of the food chain." :D

David
And I suppose you found Ice-T's fate in Surviving the Game to be funny. :?

Seriously...I didn't realize there were oceans in Kansas. :shock:

aston

Post by aston » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:50 pm

NullObject wrote:I'm glad to see that we have added a lot of production to the team, but I'm still getting adjusted to the fact that I am now one of the hunted :shock:
Welcome to the club. :? My first thought when I got my first potential threat was, Gotta find more computers to borg!!

It's taken a while, but I think I'm over it. Go ahead and pass me, Kemokim... I don't care. Hmph.

[edit]oh wait, he just did.[/edit]

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:37 pm

NullObject wrote:And I suppose you found Ice-T's fate in Surviving the Game to be funny. :?
"Ice T as well as many actors from hip hop need to work on they're three dimensions of character. To Ice T's credit though he's good at geting the bad guys!"

I haven't seen that movie, but I did find the review amusing.
Seriously...I didn't realize there were oceans in Kansas. :shock:
No, but we do have cars (well, trucks mostly), and I flew on me an airplane once.

I used to spend a week or two on South Padre Island each fall, and have also sailed the coast near Portland, where Great White's are rumoured to hang out. Dunno about that. I think that was just a story told by one of the "locals" to scare the kid from Kansas, but it was on my mind every time I went into the water. :lol:

David

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:57 pm

haysdb wrote:I haven't seen that movie, but I did find the review amusing.
Its one of those bad "Let's go hunt humans because they are the ultimate prey and they will really test my superior hunting skills" movies. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even if they were drunk and stupid.
haysdb wrote:No, but we do have cars (well, trucks mostly), and I flew on me an airplane once.
:D
haysdb wrote:I used to spend a week or two on South Padre Island each fall, and have also sailed the coast near Portland, where Great White's are rumoured to hang out. Dunno about that. I think that was just a story told by one of the "locals" to scare the kid from Kansas, but it was on my mind every time I went into the water. :lol:

Coincidentally, I'll be in South Padre Island for a few days next week. Never been before there before.

I used to believe every story I was told as a kid. I felt really stupid when I got older :oops: or maybe that was the short bus I took to school. :wink:

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:24 am

On 15 Mar, haysdb wrote:CharlieChan is due to overtake tragus in two days, and Zhentar in 45 days

mas92264 is in the same boat as CharlieChan, with three conquests in the next 30 days or so (tragus, CharlieChan, Zhentar)
Somehow, I've managed to stave off CharlieChan's overtake by a day (or at least a few more hours). Alas, I'll be bumped from the top 10 by the thundering phalanx in a little over two weeks. Curiously, Lockheed and Zhentar are now in my conquests, at the exact same time (274 days hence). It's been fun.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:07 pm

tragus wrote:Somehow, I've managed to stave off CharlieChan's overtake by a day (or at least a few more hours). Alas, I'll be bumped from the top 10 by the thundering phalanx in a little over two weeks. Curiously, Lockheed and Zhentar are now in my conquests, at the exact same time (274 days hence). It's been fun.
Quick, take a snapshot of that page for posterity! :lol:

CharlieChan - imminent
mas92264 - 5 days
ARM_Systems - 12 days
wgragg - 17 days

It's interesting and fun to have so much activity within the ranks. Perhaps less fun if you are the overtakee!

David

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:35 pm

And I've been pwned, courtesy of D_Bailey.

aston

Post by aston » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:52 pm

I'm in the top 100, baby! Wooooohooooo!!!

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:53 pm

Sorry tragus :twisted: but I gotta get past you and Charlie before ARM and wgragg roll me flat. :cry:

David's another issue, but, at least I've got a couple of months to deal with him. Let's see, I've got an empty box and new mobo at the office, must have some memory somewhere. Wait! Here's a 2600 Barton! Hey, anyone know how to make a computer out of this stuff? :)

M

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:11 pm

I've been trying to catch up with Semm again and not to give up to CoolGav but it seems it is all in vain. Plus there is Dasman lurking behing. Oh well!

I have however discovered a post on Arstechnica forums about dual Xeons 2.66 running at 3.4 Ghz. This is what I'm thinking of. Not likely to get it though.

Sam Williams

Post by Sam Williams » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:18 am

Woohoo! I've just broken into the project top 100000. Page 2 status within SPCR also beckons this week. :D

Looks like Ugly_Dog and I could have a long fight on our hands; our production is absolutely identical this week. MORE COAL!

tragus
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by tragus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:40 pm

Well, CharlieChan overtook my spot at #6 and mas92264 will soon (1-2 days) take my current #7 spot. Within a couple of weeks, ARM and wgragg will leave me behind. A week later, David_Hays will put me out of the top 10. Whew! I'll be semi-secure at #11 for quite some time, though.

As a side-note: Yay me, passing the 90,000 milestone. I'm still in the top 15 producers.

I'm noticing a number of new folders joining the SPCR team. Welcome and quiet huzzahs to you all. May you soon join the thundering herd passing me as well.

[[Edited for formatting and typos]]
Last edited by tragus on Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolGav

Post by CoolGav » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:26 am

I hope to get past ColdFlame before being taken myself for the third time. I expect it will take a bit of a struggle, and hopefully coincide with Michael Schumacher being overtaken in the Bahrain Grand Prix on 4-4-04. To do this I haven't sold off my K7SEM, (with my Duron 1.6 its doing fine with just a 5v 92mm Panaflo exhaust and a duct over the Zalman flower). The exhausted air is surprisingly cool and its a really quiet system. Perhpas I'll write up some stuff with pics to show my homemade box...